4.

Ji Hye's P.O.V

A week later...

"Chill, Ji Hye. Namjoon is a great guy." - Hyun Rin said. I raised my eyebrows.

"How do you know?" - I asked.

"He's one of my closest friends during University days. He's such a gentleman and very nice. His ways might make you like him for real." - Hyun Rin said. I rolled my eyes. Someone knocked on my door. Hyun Rin and I look up, towards my door. It's Mrs Kang.

"Yes?"

"Mr Kim from Kimm's Industry is here, Ms Kwon." - Mrs Kang said. I nod.

"You can let him in. Make me a cup of coffee. Also, take this ashtray and clear it. Bring it back after that." - I said. Mrs Kang nods and smiles.

"I guess that's the sign for me to leave." - Hyun Rin said. I hummed. Hyun Rin comes closer to and give me a hug. She knows I'm still thinking of my parents suggestion, the marriage. She breaks the hug, smiling to me.

"Everyone wants to see you happy, Ji Hye. We all thought Changmin would bring that out even more but he turns it all around. Love can come even after marriage." - Hyun Rin said.

"Remember Ma'am Ji Sae's story? Her parents arranged her marriage. And now look, she's so happy and she loves her husband very much." - Hyun Rin added. (a/n: 🌚)

"I still need more reasons." - i said. Someone knocked on my door and open it. I raised my eyebrows.

"Whaa??"

"Ms Kwon?"

"Namjoonie~!" - Hyun Rin called.

"Why are you here?" - I asked.

"I'm the CEO of Kimm's Industry." - he explained. I widened my eyes. What the hell..?

•••

"Thank you, Ms Kwon." - Namjoon said with a smile while closing his files.

"Thank you too." - i said.

"So, have you heard the news yet?" - he asked.

"What news?" - I asked, cleaning my table.

"Our so called marriage."

I paused, looking at him. He just smiles. I continue cleaning, and nod. "You knew?"

"Well, I only got to know after I left your house that night."

"Are we really getting married?" - i asked, with a frown.

"I'm being forced. Mostly because I'm the CEO and it's better for CEOs to be married." - he said. What he said is the same like appa's. Appa said the exact same thing. CEOs should be married. For better reputation. It kinda doesn't make any sense to me.

"I don't want to get married." - I said. Namjoon smiles.

"That makes the both of us." - he said. Namjoon moves forward to my table and rests his hands on my table.

"Look, if we ever get married, I promise I will never interfere with anything that you do. You do your thang, i do mine. But of course, we're required to stay in the same house."

"I wouldn't even touch you." - Namjoon added. I look at him, sighing.

"Feels like it's a contract marriage. Isn't marriage supposed to be lovely?" - i asked, ending with another sigh.

"Then let's fall in love." - he said but made it sound like a question. That easy?

I laughed. "My heart is broken, Namjoon. It's going to be difficult for me to love someone again." - i said.

"I'll heal you. I'll-"

"Wait." - i stopped him.

"You sound very eager to marry me." - I asked, crossing my arms and raised my eyebrows.

"Don't get me wrong, Ji Hye. If we are getting married, like you said, isn't marriage supposed to be lovely?" - he asked me back.

"Even though I'm being forced, I don't want to waste my life, with you by my side and ends up getting divorced one day. It's totally a waste of my time. Time is precious and if anything happens, I would want it to work. I'm forcing myself to open up to you. Even though I don't know anything about you except for your name, what you're working as and that you smoke." - Namjoon explains.

"Namjoon, I'm sorry. I don't know you. I can agree to the marriage but I can't open my heart as of now. It's too painful. It might take some time or even never." - i said.

"That's fine Ji Hye. As long as my time with you is worth it. We're going to spend our time together forever." - he said, with a smile.

•••

I ended up having dinner with Namjoon. We're having korean bbq. What's good is that, Namjoon always have something to talk about and asks me questions to make me talk more. And I don't really mind that. He talked about work, his random rants, about life, and many more. I'm about to marry a chatterbox. Don't know if that's good or not.

"Can I ask something?" - I asked, after clearing my throat.

"Yeah, what is it?" - he asked.

"Jimin, Park Jimin."

"Yeah what's with him?"

"Is he single?" - i asked. Namjoon froze.

"Do you like him..........??"

"No no. It's for a friend that likes him. Don't get me wrong." - I said with a small laugh. He looked relieved after I said that.

"Yupp. He is very single. Who's the friend?" - He asked, and took a sip of his drink.

"The friend is your friend too." - i said.

"Hyun Rin?" - he asked, raising his eyebrows. I nod.

"Well, good news. He is interested in her." - Namjoon said. I widened my eyes.

"What?! Really!!" - i asked, excitedly. GAH! Hyun Rin is going to freaking freak the freak out! Namjoon giggles. (a/n: freak the freak out! you know? no? okay...)

"He's just taking it slow. He's scared if Hyun Rin has a boyfriend."

"Oh she is very single. Ah! They'll be so cute together." - i said, smiling so wide by just imagining them together. I grab a lettuce and place a meat on top of it, and add some gochujang sauce. Then i wrap it up and stuff it in my mouth. I chewed, with a smile on.

"I have an idea." - Namjoon suddenly said. I look up to him, wanting to hear about it.

He offered me a wrap. "I'm still chewing." - i said. He literally waited for me to finish chewing. Once I was done, I open my mouth as he slowly feed me the wrap.

After I was done chewing, I raised my eyebrows to Namjoon. "What's the idea?"

"Simple. I'll tell Jimin that I've set him up to a blind date. And you, tell Hyun Rin the same thing." - Namjoon said. That's actually a great idea.

"Your brain is perfect."

"Well, they call this brain sexy for a reason." - he said and winked to me. That made me laugh.

----------------------------------------------------
Hello loves 😉 welcome back hehe! I wanted to update on Jimin's birthday but I was very busy. I hope you guys like this chapter! But what do you think so far? I hope it's good enough 🥺

Instagram: kwonkimminjeon
Instagram: sippingcaramelmacchiato (podcast)
Instagram:  on.e_day   (kpop vocal covers)
YouTube: KwonKimMinJeon

17/10/20, 17th October 2020

-KwonKimMinJeon 💕