WAIT

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
CHAPTER 2
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

Days have passed since I last spoke with Steve, the century-old super soldier. Nick Fury has been relentless in checking up on me, calling repeatedly to ensure progress is being made in our friendship-building endeavor.

The familiar sound of my doorbell jingles, and I let out a groan. Opening the door means having to interact with another human being. But, alas, I need to retrieve my pizza somehow.

I grab some money from a jar on a small table near the door. It's my designated change jar, where I stash spare coins to be used for occasions like this. It's a handy system, really.

"Hand me the mother load," I jest as I swing the door open, anticipating the arrival of my pizza.

"You're not the pizza guy," I observe, pointing out the obvious to Steve.

"I'm sorry to disappoint," he responds with a hint of amusement.

I shrug nonchalantly and toss the money into my jar. "Do you need something?" I inquire out of genuine curiosity.

"I'm having trouble operating my small stove," he admits. "Can you teach me?"

"Sure," I reply, barefoot and sporting my fluffy SpongeBob socks. To be honest, I'm not quite sure what he means by a "small stove."

I march into his apartment and locate the appliance he's referring to. He points at it, indicating the source of his confusion.

"It keeps beeping and won't start," he explains, his expression reflecting bewilderment.

A microwave. He's referring to a fucking microwave.

I decide not to embarrass him further and simply glance at the numbers, swiftly inputting the desired cooking time.

"It usually only takes a minute," I mention, and finally, the microwave emits a beep, signaling that the food is ready. I spot the pizza delivery person outside my door and hurriedly sprint over, handing them a twenty-dollar bill. "Keep the change," I say as they walk away with the money. Returning to Steve's apartment, I hold a pizza box in my hand.

"I hope you enjoy the pizza," I say as I place it on the counter.

Curiosity piqued, Steve asks, holding his mug, "What's the deal with the heat?"

"Well, the microwave is responsible for heating things up," I explain.

Continuing the conversation, I inquire once more, "So, do you like pizza?"

"Yeah," he responds as he approaches.

"Well then, let's dig in," I say, taking a bite myself.

He cautiously selects a slice from the box and takes a bite as well.

"By the way, do you have a TV?" I ask, scanning the room.

"I think so," he replies, pointing towards the television screen.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺