RUNAWAY

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
CHAPTER 18
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Hey share can you pass me the screwdriver?" I say she hands it to me.

"Ward don't you have other important matter to attend to?" Sharon says annoyed. He's been supervising as he called it.

"Not really Agent 13. Actually, phill was calling a field agent." He says. He basically kicked my friend out.

"Hey okay be nice. Uhh I'm sure Philly will call it he needs you" I say to Sharon and ward.

"Agent 13. Agent coulson ordered me to call you in" a young women says.

"Don't blow the ship" she says leaving me hesitantly

"I'll try" I say still focused. Finally after a couple minutes. I seal everything together. I stand up grabbing a rag and cleaning my hands. Man that was dirty work.

I walk bumping into ward. "What are you made of steel?" I say grabbing my head.

"I'm not" he says he looks at my forehead and notices it red.

"You're sensitive" he says touching the red spot.

"Sensitive? You're built like a wall" I say laughing.

"That you ran into" he says smiling.

"I'm going to raid the fridge" I say going to the kitchen.

"I'll be there to monitor you" he says following me.

"Yeah you should. I choke often." I say.

I open the fridge then an airplane noise goes off in the plane. I notice the seat built icon is on. I furrow my eyebrows. Could it be another malfunction?

Ward seems to have the same idea. "Was this you..."

We feel the ground shake. The plane is taking off. My eyes widen.

Ward instinctively grabs us down under a bolted table holding on and he hugs me toward him covering my body from the flying objects. He puts my head in his shoulder.

After the plane stops and is steadily in the air. The previous young women, a man, and Sharon all sprint to the place where we are.

They see ward and I huddled up together. We quickly pull apart. Ward lets me go first making sure I don't bump my head.

"What exactly is happening? I don't recall signing up for this."

"We were tracking some criminals footprints. They lead on this ship" Sharon's says.

"What do they want?" I ask.

"Ransom. Cargo" Sharon lists.

"What exactly do we do?" I ask again.

"Sky and Phil are back at headquarters" the girl says.

"Okay okay for my sake give me names" I say

"I'm Gemma Simmons and that's Leo fitz" gemma says.

"Okay continue" I say

"While we're planning this. It's not safe here" ward says walking loading his gun. I stay behind him.

Everyone seems hesitant. "He had the weapons"

We walk to the lab where there are monitors and bullet proof glass.

I immediately go on the computers. "There's 3 signatures" I say

"Upper level" I say to ward and Sharon who nod and head off to deal with them.

"Communication are down" I say to Gemma and Leo.

We all here a crash. "Please tell me that's ward playing around?"

Leo hands me a gun. "What? I don't know how"

"We don't either. But aren't you an avenger?" Gemma asks behind me.

"I KNOW the avengers. Why am I the human sacrifice?" I say nervous. Then the glass shatters. We scream and a man comes through with a gun. I crawl hiding behind a metal table.

I notice my arms and legs are bloody from the glass. Gemma and fitz are at gun point.

"Where did the other one go?" The guy asks.

I contemplated a dramatic entrance but I just point and shoot it at them.

He falls to the ground unconscious. We hear more gun shots upstairs.

"This is the worst vacation ever" I say holding the gun tightly. We hear other foot steps. Instinctively, I turn pointing the gun. But it turns out to be our team.

"Hey guys?" I say putting it down.

"This planes going to crash" Sharon says.

"Where exactly?" Gemma asks.

"We think the Atlantic. It has a bomb on boa..." Ward says explaining. I cut him off.

"Disabled" I say motioning my phone. His eyes widen. "You might be better then sky" he mutters.

"That doesn't solve the problem at hand." Sharon says

"Well considering the brakes and landing gear is missing means it was an inside job. The mechanic from yesterday most likely." I say.

"I can't change anything because of the ships hardware system. The coordinates have to be entered on a specific location" I say

"Unless we enter the correct coordinates. We are some crispy cookies" I say

"And that leaves us with the problem at hand" Gemma says

"We have to fly the plane manually without an operation or control center and we have to find a maneuver to help us land" fitz says.

"This might be irrelevant but I once learned how to fly a helicopter in an hour" I say "I might be your best bet"

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺