DATE = RUINED

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
CHAPTER 22
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"She likes hydrangeas!" Steve exclaims.

"She likes roses. She obviously liked my bouquet" Grant retorts.

"Lena tell him you're favorite flowers" Steve says encouraging me.

"Uhh hydrangeas?" I say distracted. Steve smirks and Grant stands up and pays the bill and exits.

"Congratulations" Sam says. "You chose a side"

"All I did was choose a flower" I say almost slamming my head on the table but Steve's hand blocks it.

"Good job mags" Steve says. "Roses are hideous"

"Men" I say "you suck" I say to Steve.

I look at Sam "he didn't say we'd be crashing your date. Let's go eat" he says mocking Steve at the end.

"Steve? A verdict?" I say.

"He's dumb" he says "and you can do better"

"Yeah but he was a whole snack" I say whining.

"I have goldfish? Or cheez itz" Steve says not understanding my expression.

"That's not what I meant but I'm stealing those anyway" I say shoving him so he get the memo to get up.

He stands up and I get up as well along with Sam. "We're we going?" I ask when Steve grabs my hand and continues to wrap my scarf around my neck.

"Central Park" Steve says now satisfied with his master piece.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Sam you're insustancial asshole" I chasing him. Steve on the bench. I tackle sam to the ground. We're playing soccer.

"That's a red card!" He exclaims.

"Not if there is no ref" I say kicking the ball. He chases after me. Then Steve takes the ball from me.

"Steven that's not fair. You're built like a Buffalo" I say whining. I'm obviously better than these assholes.

I get an idea. I run to Steve and pull him toward me. He stubbles grabbing my waist.

"What are you doing?" He asks I kick the ball to Sam through Steve's feet.

"Tunnel mother fricker" I say as Sam kicks the ball to the goal.

"I won't say this again but that was awesome sam" I high five him.

"That was cheating" Steve says

"You're supposed to be benched" I retort.

"Sam,Magi" someone says I turn around and see Sharon Carter.

"Hey shar." I say waving. I see the tension between them buzzing.

"Me and bud Sam are going for...churros. We'll leave you" I say hooking my arm onto sams. Dragging him away. I notice steve slightly glare.

"What was that for?now he's going to be pissed at me" Sam says.

"Yeah I know" I say.

"Wait you know??" He asks suspiciously.

"Yeah. It's a long story" I say rubbing my temples.

"Short version?" He asks as we make a line for churros.

"Kids came from future. Tony was an idiot and went to the future. Uhh I learned Steve's and I future" I say summarizing.

"That was confusing" he says we wait for our churro.

"Yeah well to be fair the long version. Is even more complicated" I say grabbing my sugary treat.

"Mag can i speak with you" Sharon asks behind me.

"See ya sam" I say going off with her.

"Steve broke up with me" she says "you most likely knew that"

"If this is you asking for help to egg him. I can't do it because technically I'd have to be egging both of you" I say she stares at me confused.

"He's my bestie too" I say shrugging.

She rolls her eyes at me. "I'm not like that"

"So you're shooting his ass then?" She looks at me saying stoping it.

"I'm joking" I say.

"Did Steve tell you why he broke up with me?" She asks sadly.

"No. He kept it to himself." I say lying. "I feel disappointed in him. He really is an idiot"

Sensory details are key to lying. And maintaining eye contact every 3 seconds.

"You said he told you everything" she says.

"I know but" I sigh acting. "Whoever this chick or reason is it's bad"

"I agree" Sharon says.

"But I guess I can't be his best friend forever" I say looking at him and Sam.

"You've got me" Sharon says buying it.

"I know. We've got each other's back" I say smiling genuinely this time.

"Anyway. Enough about men and crap. Let's go and have a girls night me and you" I say.

"I'll do the typical cheer up!" I say excitedly.

"Really? I've been wanting to do that since I was young! Maybe I can introduce you to my aunt!" She says finally smiling.

"Oh yeah...I'm bring snacks. You" I say pointing at her. "Are going to prepare the room"

"This is my first ever sleep over" she says.

"Hell yeah girl. And just so you're clear I'm being the face masks." I say.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺