FUCK ME

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
CHAPTER 21
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"He did not" I say to Natasha. We're talking about how Sharon Carter is a walking zombie.

"Steve Rogers broke a girls heart. No one saw that coming" she says "hell I'm an assassin and I didn't"

"But why?" I ask "I thought they were a semi stable couple"

"Probably because he's stupidly in love with someone else" tony says from the side. Natasha snaps her head in his direction.

"You wouldn't know who" Natasha says directing her gaze.

"I do. I'm not telling. She'd kill me and get away with it" tony says "I'm not going out like that"

"Mag we need to find out who this girl is" Natasha says.

"I'll go find a lead while you do your computer stuff" she says walking away with a pop in her step.

"You're screwed" tony comments.

I narrow my eyes. "How do we know it was my fault. It's his"

"Delivery for Miss Ford down in the lobby. The bouquet has been left with reception" Friday announces.

Tony shoot me a knowing smirk. "Not your fault."

"Hey! He fell for me. I'm not a homewreaker." I say Steve did a fabulous job of painting me that way.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Thankyou" I say to the receptionist. I grab the flowers. Tony like the child he is. Is behind me ready to indulge in gossip.

"What did the hopeless romantic Steve send" he says grabbing the card with the name and message.

"Who the hell is Grant Ward?" Tony asks confused. I snatch the card from him.

"Yes! It's Grant!" I say giggling.

Thank you for saving my team and I. It's only fair I take you on a date. I'm in New York Monday. (Phone number)

-Grant Ward

"I have a date! What the fuck when did I become a charmer?" I say putting imaginary hair behind me.

"Who sent the flowers?" A voice asks behind me. I turn around quickly alarmed and bump into a built chested human.

"Dammit Steve" I say rubbing my head. He gently grabs it pecking the part I obliterated.

I pull away. "Uhh you know the guy on the plane? Grant?" I say. He nods frowning.

"I was carrying you out of there." He points out. "I didn't pay attention"

"Well Uhh he asked me on a date" I say awkwardly.

"You're not going are you?" He asks clenching his fist.

"I mean...he sent flowers and it's just one date as friends" I say Practicing guilty.

"Just because he sent you flowers doesn't mean he cares." He says.

"One date what's the worst that can happen" I say brushing it off. I feel kinda bad. But fuck it he has to understand.

"It's your choice" he says walking away.

I hear a phone end recording. "Really moron?" I ask looking at tony.

"It was getting spicy" he says going back to his lab.

"He likes you" the receptionist says. "I don't know the guy but that's captain America"

"Any girl would die to be in you're place" she says typing.

"Ugh people are so dramatic" I say "I'm Mags"

"Rosa" she says "pick wisely dude"

"I'll try." I say.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

Monday came quicker than anticipated.  I walk to cafe Grant is at. He's already there. I sit in front of him.

"Mag you look cold" he says smiling at my red hue. Coming from my nose.

"It's cold here" I say smiling. "How are you doing Grant?"

"Fine. Coulson says hello and "don't blow anything up" he says sending me his messages.

"Do you want to order?" He asks I nod my head. The bell above rings. I look at the figures. Oh no

"What? Hey guys how small is this world?" Steve says faking Sam looks really awkward.

"The cafe is full mind sharing?" He asks making me scoot so he's next to me so we're both squished.

Sam awkwardly sits next to Grant. "Uhh sorry for crashing the date"

"Oh it's fine. It's friendly" I say making myself comfortable Steve's broad shoulders are squishing me to the wall.

He puts his arm around my shoulder making sure to bring me closer. "Better?"

I won't lie it gave me extra room. I just nod. The waiter comes and takes our orders.

"Sam did I ever mention I built you something? I even named it" I say smiling and breaking the tension and the ongoing stare contest between Steve and Grant.

"Finally an upgrade whatcha cook?" He says excited.

"I named it red wing and it's like a second pair of automatic wings!" I say gushing. "Killer drone"

"Here is you're food" the waiter says leaving it on the table. Steve puts my plate in front of me.

"Excuse me can we have hot sauce?" He asks for me. I didn't even ask the guy.

After they bring me my baby, Steve puts it on my burger with 3 slaps. along with 3 ketchup packets and 3 mustard on the side.

"3 because you hate even numbers" he says.

"You don't like even numbers?" Grant asks

"No she doesn't. Because they make her life impossible and 3 is her favorite number to go by everything" steve says.

"This feels like a competitions" Sam texts me.

"Touche" I respond through text.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺