SELF WORTH

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
CHAPTER 34
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"I like this gray color" steve says grabbing the colored samples at Home Depot.

"What about this like shade of green" I say handing it to him. He shakes his head. "Accents maybe"

"This is so hard." I say frustrated. I see Steve heading to a blue shade. "No not blue that's creepy bias. And if we break up, then I'll have to a paint my walls again"

"Who says We're going to break up" he says sarcastically but hurt.

"I don't I haven't seen the future. For all I know we could have 6 cats and a chicken" I say "or beating each other with our canes"

Steve narrows his eyes slightly but pushes a color in my hands. "White?"

"It's simple and I have an idea" he says cheekily.

"Ohh! Can we get a cat!" I say excited. "I don't know should we?" Steve says raising an eyebrow.

"I vote yes that's fifty percent" I point a finger at him.

"When the house is finished" he blows me off. Rude but I'm taking that sentence to heart.

"Okay white it is babe" I snatch the white paper from him and bring it to the front.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Ugh why do I have to come" i whine like a child who's forced to go to church.

"I need moral support" Steve wraps an arm around me.

"Use Natasha she looks like me" I reply.

He raises his perfectly sculpted brow. "Yeah yeah nothing alike" i restate.

We enter the new compound. "I'm gonna go fish some cookies"

I see tony and Thor come over to Steve. I glare at thor slightly. He nervously smiles back.

"I'm watching you" I mouth narrowing my eyes slightly. His eyes widen in fear.

I love infusing fear in others. It's the highlight of the century really.

I go to the kitchen and find the cookie jar. "Stupid Steve liking raisin" I mutter.

"Mag" Natasha says behind me. I turn around meeting her gaze.

"Oh hey dude, what's up?" I say taking a huge bite of a chocolate chip cookie. I notice the girl behind her. A sadden expression coats her face.

"This is Wanda" Natasha introduces me. "You're  keeping her company while I go discuss somethings with the team"

Let me tell you something. There's two rule. Number one don't challenge nat. And number two she's the boss.

"Yeah sure" i reply. "You want a cookie? You better not say raisin"

She smiles slightly. "I'll take chocolate"

There's a slight accent to her voice. "You live here?"

"Na Im not even an avenger. I'm not the fighting type. I'm more of a flight response " I say eating more cookies.

"I'm Magdalena. But people call me...anything they want honestly" I brows furrow at the last part.

"Not that I uhh know anything but we're you from?" I ask.

"Sokovia" she mutters.

"Welp can't say I liked it. I only saw it when it blew up" i remember the huge boom that I heard.

"Yeah that happened. My fault" she mutters.

"You're blaming yourself? Okay" I say looking down slightly amused.

"What's so funny?" She asks confused. "People died because of me"

"That's terribly selfish" I says trying to keep in my laughter.

"Will you stop laughing!" She yells her eyes go slightly red. I keep a neutral expression.

"Took her 20 seconds" I announce.

"What?" She asks confused "why aren't you running?"

"You don't scare me" I reply meeting her gaze.

"Okay I've spoken with you for about I don't know 2 minutes here's what I've gathered" I say ready to explain.

"Friday write this down" I order.

"Okay you're under eye bag suggest lack of sleep. The clothing are Natashas suggesting you do not have a personal belongings with you. Which makes sense since your country was blown up." Her eyes go wide.

"Your definitely lost someone close to you. The red hue of you eyes when angry also suggest you're suppressing emotional conduct and unpredictable. Lacking control in emotional development. your nails are extremely short. Giving the expression you have stress" I finish.

Her expression is shocked. "That...was accurate"

"Yeah Im pretty good" I smirk. "Anyways don't blame you're self. If anything blame Ultron"

"I wor.."

"Manipulated you" I interrupt. "Anyway Friday Transfer that report over Tony's computer will ya?"

Natashas code. Or shields code for recutting is analyzing behavior and self control. I learned most of it with my uncle.

"I gotta go girl. But ask Friday for my number. Might be cryptic but it'll come through" I reply going back and finding Steve.

I see the tony leave while Steve watched him. "Hey idiot, I'm leaving I gotta go walk my turtle"

"You don't have a turtle" he retort laughing. "Did you give Wanda her behavioral report?"

"Yeah Natasha made me. Could've given me a heads down"

"Up" he says I look up at the sky. He grabs my face.

"I was correcting you" he replies smirking.

"I'm driving back. Anyway Uhh visit soon" I reply.

He nods his head pecking me. And I walk back to my car.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺