VII

Part Seven: The truth you can never understand

***

"Are you already prepared for tonight?"
Sunghoon asked her, looking on the road as they drive their way towards the office again. 

It's been a week since Jiyoung was hired as his personal assistant. 

And it's been a hell for her.

Countless sleepless nights, When Jieun said no one can keep up with his pace, She surely mean it. After a project, there's already another one. he just keeps on moving forward. It was really quick.

But Jiyoung couldn't understand herself.

As the days pass by, She started liking her job. At first, It's really awkward with Sunghoon's moody attitude. No one can predict him. But then, She started to read him accurately without her even noticing it. She's trying her hardest to keep up with him. Fortunately, Sunghoon is acknowledging that fact.

"Tonight?"
She checked on the tablet the schedule for tonight, clueless about what will happen.

"Ohh.. A party..?"

It's not just a party. The debut of the Prime Minister's Daughter.

"yeah. They invited me. And you are obliged to come."

"And why?"

"Why not?"

"Well.."
Jiyoung think of any reason why not, and she seriously can't find any.

"I have to memorize the language books Ms. Jieun gave me. I can't make it for tonight."

"That's not an excuse. I am the one who gave you the books, so i have the rights to take them away from you if needed."
Jiyoung pouted.

"I don't have any dress for tonight."

"Let's go to Claus' Place Secretary Yoon."

"Yes Sir."
The driver, Yoon Taehwan agreed, maneuvering the car's steering wheel to the direction where the company isn't from.

"are you seriously-"

Jiyoung looked at Sunghoon seeing him staring at her eyes.

"You still have something else to say?"

Sunghoon's face went closer to jiyoung's as he stared at her imminently. jiyoung can even smell his sweet strawberry breath because of how near his face is.

"You just want someone to accompany you, right?"
Jiyoung stared back, gulping as Sunghoon moved closer towards her, Leaning unto her neck and whispered some words on her ears.

"And so what if i do? Can you resist me?"
he said in a low and serious tone. Jiyoung can't help it but to blush.

"c-childish."
Jiyoung pushed him away from her. Sunghoon chuckled with her actions.

"You're too flustered. What are you thinking?"

"Nothing! As if I found you attractive."
She said rolling her eyes sideways.

"Oh you don't?"
He teased her, earning a glare from Jiyoung.

"Don't be too full of yourself Chairman Park! You are a jerk so no one will love you. That's hella obvious. "
Sunghoon shrugged his shoulder, Leaning his back on the chair and closing his eyes with a sly smile on his face.