XXXVII

Part 37: Jigsaw Puzzle

_________

Jiyoung walked towards the hallway of the grand mansion of the Park Family. The whole place was more like a palace, than a house. The industrial designs were pretty and very modern. The moment she stepped inside the house, Countless maids walked towards her to assist Jiyoung towards the garden where Mrs. Park is.

She called her to discuss something. Jiyoung was wondering about something too so she accepted the invitation. Sunghoon decided to drop her off here before going to Yena's house which he didn't told her. he''ll pick her up later after he talked to Yena.

"Assistant Shin!! I'm hereeee~"

Mrs. Park removed her sun hat and waved her hand hello towards Jiyoung and beamed at her brightly. Jiyoung looked at her and smiled back.

"it's been so long Assistant Shin... How are you?"
Park Sangah greeted her. Jiyoung is still awestruck with Sunghoon's mother.

"I-I-I'm doing great, madam"
Jiyoung bowed her head. Mrs. Park softly giggled. 

"Let's talk inside. shall we?"

_______________

"So Mrs. Park.... Why did you called me here?"
Sunghoon's mother smiled at her.

A more meaningful one.

"It seems like you are with Sunghoon yesterday when he went missing."
Jiyoung's eyes went wide as she looked away. 

'How did she...?'

The doctor. 

"Doctor Kim told me. Do not worry I am not mad."
She took a sip on her tea and looked at Jiyoung straight in the eyes.

"I'm... really really sorry for not informing you Mrs. Park."
Jiyoung bowed. Mrs. Park shook her head and proudly smirked.

"You don't need to apologize Assistant Shin. I'm betting that it was Sunghoon's plan to not inform anyone with his escapade."
She giggled. Jiyoung just laughed awkwardly and looked at her. 

"So what happened? Doctor Kim told me that you got injured? How are you?"

"Ahhh- about that, It wasn't really that bad, Just a small wound so i am really okay... Thank you for asking."
She said politely. Mrs. Park nodded her head.

"You went to Jeju together? How sweet...."
Mrs. park murmured. Jiyoung looked down and blushed.

"it seems like you are getting to know each other already..."

"Y-Yes if you will put it that way...Mrs. Park."
Mrs. Sangah held her hand and squeezed it lightly.

"But Assistant Shin."
Mrs. Park looked at Jiyoung, her mood suddenly changed.

"I bet he already told you this but can you accept him wholeheartedly after you knew the truth?"
Jiyoung looked up, Meeting Mrs. Park's eyes that was now full of concern.

"Sunghoon's past.... was darker than it seems."
Mrs. Park looked on her surrounding seeing no one. She moved closer to Jiyoung and spoke.

"When he was still a child.... He had countless panic attacks due to his trauma.. And his akinetopsia-"

"It will start to worsen his eyesight up until he can't see anymore."
Jiyoung continued. Mrs. Park looked at her with doubt and curiosity.