XLIV

Part 44: The unknown truth....

______________

(Timeline: When Jiyoung and Sunghoon was still on Jeju. Continuation of Part 35 that was forgotten by- NO I mean, not included for the story's purpose. )

"Can i ask who's that?"
Jiyoung asked Sunghoon who was walking towards her direction with a rather perplexed look on his face. Sunghoon looked away, trying to find any other explanation as soon as possible.

"An emergency business meeting. We might go home tomorrow morning."
Jiyoung just look at Sunghoon and patted his head.

"what's with the long face?"
She chuckled.

"I promised you that we will stay here for a week... But-"
Jiyoung hushed him by putting her index finger.

"I understand. Mr. Chairman, Let's just do whatever we can while we're still here."
She said and smiled at him, embracing him from his sides and leaning her head on his shoulder. She closed her eyes and just listen to his sighs.

"You're really the best, Jagiya..."
Jiyoung smiled sweetly with his compliment. Sunghoon wiped the hair to her ears and smiled at her.

"I already opened up everything from you.. You feels like home now. "
He sincerely said, earning a grin from Jiyoung.

"Do you want me to share some stories of myself to you too..?"
Sunghoon shrugged his shoulder and nodded his head.

"If you don't mind to..."
He whispered.

Jiyoung composed her thoughts and took a deep breath.

"Here's a secret that no one knows about me."
Sunghoon looked at her with curiosity. Jiyoung smiled at how adorable he looked.

"Do you know Senator Shin Jihoon?"
She asked her. Sunghoon held his chin and looked up.

"Wait... It sounds familiar...."

He recollected his thoughts and tried his best to remember it.

As soon as realized it, He looked at Jiyoung, His eyes gradually softened while she smiled at him bitterly.

"He's my father...."
She sighed. Sunghoon wrapped his arms on her waist and hugged her.

"I'm sorry....."

"No.. you don't need to apologize... I was the one who brought that thing up.. No need to apologize.."

"But-"
She then again put her index finger on his lips to stop him from uttering any word.

"I said it's okay... "
she nodded her head with a smile. Sunghoon took a deep breath.

"it must be hard for you... He died on an unknown accident and his body was never found, Nor the criminals who did it to him."

Jiyoung looked down.

"It's been six years, And i am still not over it. You see, It was really hard from the beginning.. I don't know what to do. I was angry with everyone..I didn't even know why..."

Sunghoon just listened at her, Holding her hand and squeezing it tightly.

"He was never given any justice, that's why i loathed everyone. He was wronged, accused as a plunderer and then died without any trace of him. It's painful, especially on my mother's part."
She looked at him, starting to tear up. Sunghoon caressed her cheeks and wiped her tears with his thumb.

"My mom committed suicide because of depression. My father's lost was too much damage for her. "

"He was her whole life. And knowing that he died, She lost her hope and committed suicide to stop her suffering leaving me, alone."

"But... after your mom died, The case of your dad was lifted. He was proven not guilty for plundering."

"Yes. I just hoped my mom saw it too, It's pitiful."
She smiled bitterly. Sunghoon looked at her with concern.

"I'm okay now! 'kay? I have you...And you're the only one that matters now."
She put her hand on his cheeks and smiled at him. Sunghoon touched her hand and held it tight.

"I'm very impressed. You're so strong jagiya... "
Jiyoung chuckled.

"You are way stronger than I am... jagiya..."

their eyes locked, hands intertwined as their faces went closer to each other.

Sunghoon closed his eyes, Jiyoung smiled at him and put her index finger on his lips once again.

"This finger of yours is already pissing me off too much Shin Jiyoung. Do you mind if i cut it off?"
He said while still closing his eyes. Jiyoung laughed at him.

"You already had enough kisses today Chairman Park, Save some for later purposes."
She stood up and walked away.

"later purposes? What do you mean by later purposes jagiyaaaa???"
Sunghoon grinned sheepishly

"I'll rest now. Good night mr. Chairman."
She said. Sunghoon rushed towards her direction.

"yah- What do you mean by later purposes?? How about we do it now? huh? Sounds like a good plan isn't it?"
Sunghoon wrapped his arms on her waist and whispered on her ears. Jiyoung just laughed at him.

"Why are you so naughty chairman? Let's sleep! I'm tired."
She said, Laughing at him. Sunghoon just pouted and let her go.

"tsss, whatever assistant Shin."

______________________________