XI

Part 11: To be or not to be?

*****

"So... What do you want to talk about?"
Jay childishly crossed his arms with a sly smile on his face. Jiyoung kept looking down, starting from when she knew Jay was actually the President of Sinar Tours up until they reached his office.

She regretted being too judgemental.

"I'm really really sorry for what i said earlier sir!!"
She stood up on her seat and bowed 90 degrees. Jay found it cute so he leaned towards her and flicked her forehead.

"silly."
He said laughing. Jiyoung massaged her aching forehead, looking at Jay with regretful face.

'He's too young to be the president.. ' said by the assistant who worked for a 17 years old blind guy.

"So what's your deal. You're from what company again...?"
He asked her. Jiyoung looked at the folder she is holding and gave it to Jay.

"I'm from SkyPark Group... Chairman wants to give you this."
She said nodding her head. Jay looked at her from head to toe making her unconscious.

"You are his new assistant?"
Jiyoung shyly shook her head.

"Interesting..."
Jay leaned his hands on the table and stared at Jiyoung.

"There's nothing special about you.. But you're cute."

Didn't know if she will take it as a compliment or insult, Jiyoung nodded her head.

"Thank You president."
She said bowing.

"So yeah. I guess this is the certificate of partnership he told me."
Jay stood up from his seat. Jiyoung looked at him with confusion.

"Won't you sign this contract M-Mr. President..?"
Jiyoung said with slight nervousness.

'did he just voided the contract because of me? Oh shoot i'm dead!'

Jay glanced at her, taking his leather jacket off and putting a more formal attire from the closet of his office.

" Let's go and grab some lunch first. I'm starving."
He said while smirking.

' I can't say no here... Right?? '

******

"So when did you start working for him?"

"Uhmmm... I can't really recall... A week or two already?"
She talked casually now. Jay told him to not be so formal when they are ohtside the company's premises. He want her to act much more casual like what she did earlier.

"Huh? You lasted that long??"
He said in disbelief as he bite on his tonkatsu.

"I'm also surprised... I thought he's the worst guy in the world at first..."
Jiyoung looked at her ramen on her table and smiled. "But he was just too introverted. You know, he don't want to get involved to anyone. He built high walls so that he can protect himself... That's clearly understandable on his side."
Jay stared at the smiling Jiyoung.

"You understood him very well."
He said smiling, Jiyoung looked at him with slight confusion.

"What's your relationship with the chairman?"
Jiyoung asked with curiosity.

"Well, I treat him as my bestfriend."
Jay chuckled with his thoughts.

"We grew up with each other. I think that's 7 years ago? Yeah i cannot really recall."
Jays aid chuckling.

"Mind to tell something you can remember? Like his past? Can i ask about what happened to him?"
Jay glanced at her as if he's testing her patience.

"If Sunghoon can hear this, we are probably dead by now."
Jay laughed nervously. Jiyoung just stared at him with curiosity.

He sighed.

"I actually do not know what happened to him. 7 years ago, I met him. He's really cold and stiff. He do not usually talk. I found him boring. But his father kept asking me to play with him. He finally appreciated my efforts after two years. Me and Jake. He talked about his disorder once. He said he also can't remember what happened to him. He said he just woke up, not seeing anything that can move. And then he never opened up that conversation ever again. "
Jay nodded his head, feeling satisfied with his memory as he can still remember the things Sunghoon told them years ago.

Jiyoung just nodded her head..

"Mind if i join your chit-chat? "
Jay and Jiyoung's eyes went wide the moment they heard that voice. Jay stood up, turning on his back seeing Sunghoon casually eating his udon.

"S-S-Sunghoon?"
Sunghoon gave Jay a death glare. Jay looked away, glancing at Secretary Shin who is now sweating with nervousness.

"I think you are talking about someone i know. Can i butt in?"

Jay nervously laughed, scratching his nape as he stepped towards Sunghoon.

"Yah sunghoon-ah~ You clearly misunderstood everything-"

"who misunderstood what?"
Sunghoon didn't even look at Jay. Jay internally screamed.

"W-W-Why are you here anyway? Perhaps you are not busy?"
Sunghoon shifted his gaze towards Jay who is sitting in front of his table now.

"I came here to eat. Isn't it destiny that lead us both here?"

"ahaha... haha.. sunghoon you're so funny!"
Jay faked a laugh which pissed Sunghoon even more. Meanwhile, Jiyoung is just slurping on her ramen. It might be her last meal afterall.

"Where's the contract?"

"a-ahh... About that- I still do not sign there yet. Wait for a second."
Jay rushed towards Jiyoung, asking for the contract. Jiyoung gave it to him with trembling hands.

"Here. The renewal of the partnership is completed." Jay said giving Sunghoon the contract. Sunghoon looked at him and stood up.

"Pay for my meal as a compensation for what happened and I'll take it with a grain of salt and forget everything."
Sunghoon faked a smile before grabbing Jiyoung and walking away.

Jay sighed.

"scary scary sunghoonie~"
Jay collapsed on his seat, swiping on his phone seeing Jiyoung's number on it.

"Chairman ouch!! Yah- what--!!!"
She was thrown inside the car before she even realized it.

Sunghoon sat on the other side of the car, Secretary Yoon started it quickly.

"What did i ask you to do?"

"Make Mr. Park sign the contract...."

"And what the hell are you doing?"

"eating... I guess?"

"You really thought you can fool me?"

"Ehhh- I'm sorry okay? I'll never do it again."
Sunghoon glanced towards her direction.

"tss. I can't guarantee that. You're too nosy to stop being so curious about everything."

"I promise!! Okay? I'll never do it again. I swear in the name of god."
She said raising her hand lkike taking an oath or something.

Sunghoon chuckled slightly.

"Then promise me that you'll stay by my side whenever you're free."

"Ehhh....?!!!"

***************

:>

(I don't have anything to say, can you just help eishi build his galaxy by donating some stars? It's free :>)