XVII

Part 17: Lost In Japan

******

"What's his problem?"
Jiyoung rolled her eyes and walked away from the office, feeling nostalgia as if something like this happened already. As she walked out, she saw Secretary Yoon walking towards the office door.

She turned around and watched him enter the room. Sunghoon anticipated his arrival.

She became curious. It's actually the first time she saw Secretary Yoon entered his office. It's strange so it caught her curiosity.

Sunghoon glanced on the glass wall seeing Jiyoung glued on it. He then slyly smirked and looked at Secretary Yoon once again.  Jiyoung flinched the moment she realized Sunghoon saw her and walked away.

After a few more minutes, Secretary Yoon went out from the office with a huge smile on his face. He then waltz towards Jiyoung's desk.

"Take this Assistant Shin."
Secretary Yoon put a small booklet on her table. She looked at it seeing it's a familiar thing.

"A passport?"
There's a flight ticket inside too.

"Yes. Chairman said you'll come with him to Japan. You can drive right?"

Jiyoung arched her eyebrows.

"You won't come with us?"
Secretary Yoon slightly chuckled and scratched his nape.

"Well... An emergency happened so i can't come with you..."
He said, avoiding eye contact.  Jiyoung face-palmed.

"You're so bad at lying Secretary Yoon."
Secretary Yoon laughed nervously.

"Well, Enjoy the trip. Don't forget what i told you earlier okay?"
He mischievously smiled and walked away.

Jiyoung stood up from her seat, ealking towards the door of his office once again.

'He's not thinking of offering me a date right? That's absurd. '

"Who's there?"
Sunghoon asked as if he didn't know that Jiyoung will come to his office.

"I guess you are doing better now to piss me off."
Jiyoung said raising her eyebrows. Sunghoon looked at her position.

"What are you saying Ms. Shin?"
Jiyoung looked at the cold hibiscus tea on the table and walked towards his desk, putting the passport in front of him.

"What's this?"

Sunghoon blankly looked at the booklet.

"Obviously a passport."
He sarcastically said. You can clearly see Jiyoung's eyebrows curved.

"I know it's a passport! I'm asking what's the meaning of this?"
Sunghoon glanced at her and took the passport. He then flipped it's pages seeing the ticket to japan.

"The flight is at 10:45. There's a business meeting i need to attend so i want you to come with me."

'Business meeting? '

"So, It's a business meeting?"
Sunghoon nodded his head nonchalantly.

"Yeah...? What are you thinking?"

Oh.. Of course it's a business meeting. She just thought it was a date or something.

"Oh.... Yes. I thought it was a business meeting. It was just- nevermind."

Her cheeks went red out of embarassment. She turned around, silently walking towards the exit.

"Ms. Shin."
She halted on her steps the moment she heard his serious tone. She slowly turned towards him.

"W-What is it now?"
Jiyoung asked him, roaming her eyes around.

"Take what you said already."

She gave him a questioning look. Sunghoon shrugged his shoulder off and signed her to leave.

'What is it that he want me to take back?'

She can only remember the conversation she had with secretary Yoon. And she's sure it ain't that much of a big deal for the chairman even if he heard it. Right?

"It wasn't even a big deal."
She sighed and walked towards her desk again.

Jiyoung spent her remaining hours on the office, thinking what she need to take back.

Sunghoon walked out from his office room with his cane on his hand.

"Let's go."
Sunghoon murmured without even looking at her. She stood up and took her sling bag, following Sunghoon towards the elevator.

All through out the elevator ride, Jiyoung was silent. Sunghoon noticed it and looked at her, slightly smiling with how adorable she looked while on deep thoughts. Her forehead is forming a small frown, her eyebrows where connecting like an angry bird.

'cute...'

His smile faded away the moment he realized what he thought.

'cute? really?'
He shook his head and rubbed his temples again.

'guess i really need to take some medicines.'
He said to himself, remembering that he took the medicines prepared by Jiyoung earlier on the table. He then secretly opened it and swallowed it naturally as if he's covering his mouth for a cough.

______

"Have a safe trip, sir."
Secretary Yoon bowed infront of Sunghoon before they left the car. Jiyoung is still silent.

"What are you thinking?"
Sunghoon wore his shades and wlaked casually. Everything is settled already. The private plane Sunghoon reserved is already at it's runway, Just waiting for the passengers to arrive.

"huh? Me?"
Jiyoung was staring at the void. Even tho he can't see it, he can feel her spacing out.

"Is there anyone else i can talk to here?"
he scoffed. Jiyoung just shook her head.

"I'm still thinking about what i said to offend you. I can't clearly remember."
Sunghoon stopped on his steps and looked at Jiyoung with an are-you-serious-look on his face. He then scoffed harder and fasten up his pace.

"insensitive brat."
He whispered to himself as he walked towards the private plane.

*******

Just a continuation for yesterday's chapter that i forgot to publish T^T

I'll publish the real deal tomorrow. pfft please ready your cringe machines-