XXX

Part 30: Unrequited Love

___________________________

"Let's talk...."

It's already 7 in the evening and Sunghoon is currently on his veranda, calling someone on his phone.

"you wanna meet personally? I'll drop by at your house right now. Wait for me there~"

Yena happily said at him. Sunghoon shook his head as if she could see it.

"I'll tell you the location. let's meet there."
His tone was slightly serious and stern. Yena's smile slowly faded.

".......Arraseo.."

Sunghoon hung up the call and walked towards his dresser, Taking a nice blazer to match his turtleneck sweater. Jiyoung opened the door of his room and smiled at him.

"Dinner's ready. Let's..... eat?"
She realized by the way he dressed that he's going somewhere.

Sunghoon looked at her and smiled, walking towards her directions and cupping her cheeks.

"I'll skip the dinner tonight. I have things to do."

"It's already night.. I'm sure it's not a business meeting."
Sunghoon chuckled

"It's something important. Don't worry I'll be back really quick."
he said, pinching her cheeks. Jiyoung pouted.

"Okay.... Stay safe. alright?"

"I will. Please wait for me jagiya..."
His eye smile comforted her saying that he's okay. Jiyoung can't help it but to smile.

"I'll wait for you. I promise... jagiya?"
She blushed and looked down. Sunghoon laughed at her.

"So cute. I'll go now."
He said and kissed her forehead. Jiyoung followed him until he reached the car where Secretary Yoon is. she waved good bye and went straight to the house once again.

_______________

"Sunghoonieee!"

Yena arrived at the restaurant minutes after Sunghoon gave her the message. Sunghoon looked at her direction, seeing nothing as he felt someone wrapped her arms on his waist.

"You missed me already? We should have stayed at your home~"
Yena smiled at him as she embraced him from the back.

Sunghoon sighed.

"We need to talk about something."
he said, gently taking her hands off him and looking at her. Yena nodded her head and sat on the chair next to him.

"Is this about the wedding?"
You can see excitement on Yena's eyes as she talked to him. Sunghoon cleared his throat, preparing for what he want to say to her.

"yeah..."
he looked away, finding eye contact very hard at this situation.

Yena wondered.

"ohhh... So you wanna talk about the preparations?"
The food he ordered arrived shortly, driving her attentyion away from the topic.

"The preparations are going well. we just need to find the church that would fit on your style and many more things.. I think it will be ready after some more weeks. probably two or three."
She smiled at him as she dig on her food.

"About that," Sunghoon cleared his throat. "the wedding...."

Yena looked at him with happiness. Just the thought of him, opening up the wedding really made her happy.

"Let's cancel the wedding."
he said, unable to regain eye contact.

Yena's smile faded, her eyes slowly show shock and confusion.

"W-W-What do you mean...?"

"Let's stop the wedding Maybe it's too fast to make this kind of decision..?"

"I can't understand.. How come it's too fast? We already knew each other since we're kids.... "

"We aren't in a relationship, Yena. This might... hurt you in the future...."

Selfishness?

or 

Sincerity?

"I...."
tears started to form on yena's eyes. Sunghoon can't take it.

Yena forced herself to smile.

"I love you... Sunghoon. I know you feel the same way. Can't we call it a relationship already?"

Yena held his hand and squeezed it gently.

"Yena I......"

he can't take it.

The guilt.

"Sunghoon... I wanna be with you... i don't know if i can live without you... I promised myself that you are the last one i will love... I don't know what will happen to me if i can't have you anymore."
She looked down, overwhelmed with her emotions as tears continuously stream from her eyes.

"You already saved me so many times... I don't know what to do if you will leave me. Who will save me?"

Sunghoon bit his lips. He know Yena can't take it. He already watched her fell apart.

It's painful.

that moment, when her ex broke up with her, she don't know what to do. She kept harming herself.

She almost died. It's only because of Sunghoon that's why she's alive.

That can't happen anymore. She might really die because of another heartbreak.

But he just can't.

"Let's not rush it....okay? let's slow down the pace of everything.... Yena, I-"
He stopped, unable to find the words he want to say. He held her trembling hands.

"I love you too."
he smiled at her.

"You love me too?"

he looked away.  he doesn't have any choice left.

"Yes.... but for now, let's... postpone the wedding. we can still get to know each other... okay?"
he smiled. Yena walked towards him and hugged him.

Sunghoon sighed.

"You don't know how much light you gave me Sunghoon..... I love you."
he caressed her hair, slowly calming her while his heart was beating fast.

he can't let go of Yena. She'll break apart.

But he loves Jiyoung.

he can't watch Yena on the misery ever again. But Jiyoung will be in pain if he won't.

decisions...

It's either Yena or Jiyoung.

"I love you too... Yena."

___________

Sunghoon you liar- I'm out of here. bye.