XLVI

Part 46: Parting Ways and Thorned Rose

____________

"BREAKING NEWS!! THE CHAIRMAN OF THE SKYPARK CORPORATION AND THE FIANCE OF THE PRESIDENTIAL DAUGHTER, PARK SUNGHOON WAS CAUGHT ON A HIT AND RUN ACCIDENT AT THE STREETS OF DAECHI-DONG IN GANGNAM!! "

"There's still no confirmation on what is his condition but he was brought by an ambulance to the Seoul National Hospital's ER. It is said that the chairman is on a critical condition right now."

"Our reporters are now on the place of accident and is now getting the statements of the witnesses."

Jiyoung went back on her hotel room, soaking wet and ice cold. Her lips trembled.

"Is this enough for you?"
Jake appeared from her room and looked at Jiyoung. Jiyoung just blankly stared at him.

"Look at what have you done!!"
he held her shoulders tight and glared at her.

Jake was furious, not because of her, But because of himself.

"I shouldn't have let you leave! I shouldn't have let you do what you want! You are stubborn Shin Jiyoung! Now look at what happened to him!!"

"IT WASN'T MY INTENTION!!"
Jiyoung snapped. She pushed Jake away from her.

Jake shut his eyes closed to prevent his tears from falling down.

"You're too cruel... Jiyoung. How can you do this to him?"
Jake's tears went streaming down from his eyes as his voice cracked.

"he loved you!! Sincerely! You are the first and probably the last person that he will love!! And yet, Look at what have you done!! If i knew that this will happened i shouldn't have saved you!"

*Flashback!

Jiyoung opened her eyes seeing a rather familiar color of the ceiling in front of her.

'My.. room?'

specifically, The hotel room that Sunghoon bought for her.

"Glad you're okay."
Jake, Who was reading a book on her side smiled at her.

"What are you doing here?"
She looked at him. Jake's smile faded seeing her cold expression.

"I... saw you lying on the ground yesterday. Asked Sunghoon where you are staying so you ended up here. he also knows the passcode of the door. How sweet."
Jiyoung's face went even more colder. She doesn't want to hear his name anymore.

"What time is it?"

"Uhmm 6 pm. You should have lunch first because-"

"Go home now. I can handle myself."

"What's with the coldness Shin Jiyoung? I'm not.. used to it."
He chuckled. Jiyoung looked at him.

"Go home. Now."

"hey... why are you so stubborn? I know what will happen later okay? You'll runaway with Sunghoon and i bet you want me out because you'll prepare for it right?"
Jiyoung tried to stand on her own, gathered all her strength just to walk a couple of steps.

"hey... you shouldn't move right now.. How about i tell Sunghoon to just do it tomorrow? You look so weak now-"
Sjake,. Who walked towards her direction and tried to help her my pulling her arms up was shocked as his hands were slapped by Shin Jiyoung.