XXI

Part 21: Let's just be professionals. shall we?

_________

The next day, Jiyoung woke up early despite arriving on their house at 1:00 am in the midnight. she woke up at 5 just to talk to Sunghoon since it;s the time when he's going to the office.

"Chairman Park...."She knocked on the latter's door, memorizing the apology she has on her mind.

"Chairman Park....?"She knocked again. No one answered. She twisted the doorknob but then it's locked.

'He never lock his door...'

Jiyoung started to worry that something might happen. But then, The door suddenly opened revealing a fully dressed Sunghoon on her sight.

He didn't even bothered to glance on her direction and just walked towards the stairs. Jiyoung followed his tracks.

"Chairman Park let's talk..."

"We don't have anything to talk about Ms.Shin."

there he goes again with his cold remarks. Jiyoung gulped her saliva and ran on his front, blocking his way to the door.

"Please spare me a minute."Sunghoon coldly looked at her and looked at his watch.

"55 seconds."he counted. Jiyoung flinched and started her speech.

"I'm very very sorry about what happened yesterday, It's my fault i know you can blame me for that. I promised you and i failed to fulfill it. You can be mad at me and I'll accept it but please don't take everything personally. I didn't intend to hurt your feelings in the first place so if you can, please forgive me. I'll never do it again."He blankly stared at her the whole time. Jiyoung coughed.

"10 seconds."

"please.... forgive me chairman?"

"Times up."he said and asked for a way.

it felt like he didn't even listened to everything that she said.

"Chairman please say something!!"She grabbed his wrist and pulled him. Sunghoon snapped.

"What do you want me to say? If you're thinking I am mad, you made a mistake. I'm just taking this situation professionally just like what you are talking about. Can you just stay professional too Ms Shin? you're so irritating."

"But chairman it's too obvious that you are mad. I'm really really sorry okay?! I'm sorry that i forget you. I'm sorry if i spend time with Mr.Shim when i promised you already to-"

"You're jumping on your own conclusion Assistant Shin."He walked closer to her, glaring at her eyes as he gritted his teeth with annoyance.

"I don't care with what you'll do nor what you'll say. I don't give a damn if you are with Jake when you are supposed to spend the time with me. I don't care at all."he moved his head towards her ear.

"You are just my assistant. know your place."

he hissed and violently swung his arm. Jiyoung stood still as Sunghoon walked towards his car. Secretary Yoon worriedly looked at her position and mouthed talk to you later before they left.

'right.... it was the old him afterall. the cold Chairman Park Sunghoon everybody knows.'

_______

It's been a week since that incident. Sunghoon refused to talk to her whenever it's not about their job. He's too professional if you must say.