XXXV

XXXV: His trauma

_____________

"You asked them to wait, but then asked me to drive you home? Wow. That's so cool, Mr. Chairman."
Jiyoung sarcastucally faked a smile while driving.

"You're okay already, why would they wait amd drive us home if you can drive now?"
Sunghoon, who was closing his eyes and folding his arms on his chest murmured. Jiyoung hissed and just shrugged her shoulder with annoyance.

'Sometimes, I just can't really understand him. '
She thought to herself.

Sunghoon slightly opened his eyes and gazed at Jiyoung.

"I don't want them to ruin our private time. I'm much more comfortable with only you around. So don't be mad, 'kay?"
Jiyoung let out a sheepish laugh.

"I don' t know if you are being serious or you're just playing with me. You sounds like a typical playboy, if i were to be honest with you."
Jiyoung snickered. Sunghoon's eyebrows furrowed.

"Whatever. I'm being sincere here, Shin Jiyoung. You should really take me seriously or else,"
Sunghoon smirked. Jiyoung raised her eyebrows.

"Or else?"

"Or else I'll force you to. And you will not like it."
He smirked. Jiyoung softly laughed at him and looked at his direction with a smile.

"You're so naughty, Sunghoon."
He grin.

"And what are you thinking?"
Jiyoung shook her head.

"Nothing."
She replied while chuckling.

She drove on a more urban site. You can clearly see the pedestrian lanes and stoplights all around the corner.

"Jeju Island is surely beautiful."
She said in awe. Sunghoon smiled at her.

"But again, you are a million times more beautiful."
He murmured.

Jiyoung looked at him.

"Stop it okaaaaay? You're flattering me too much!"

"Eyes on the road assistant-!!"

Jiyoung didn't realized it. Since the traffic lights went green, she thought that there's no pedestrian who would walk on the road.

But she's wrong.

A young boy ran on the pedestrian lane suddenly. Jiyoung immediately stepped on the break the moment she realized they will hit the boy.

The screeching sound of the tires halting on their trails made a rather nostalgic music on Sunghoon's mind. He immediately covered his ears while shutting his eyes closed.

Fear suddenly enveloped his state. His hands began to tremble.

"What was that....."
Jiyoung looked on the road, Seeing the young boy's mother dragging him on the side of the road while bowing her head towards them and apologizing. Jiyoung immediately looked at Sunghoon.

"Chairman are you..."
She stopped on her sentence as her breathing hitched.

His hands were trembling. He kept taking deep sighs simultaneously. Jiyoung became anxious and checked his state.

"S-Sunghoon.... Are you okay?"
She tried to touch his hands but he flinched.

"Stop..... The engine.... Please..... I'm begging you...."
His voice cracked while saying those words. Jiyoung started to worry and rushed to park the car on the side of the road and stopped the engine. She looked at Sunghoon who was trembling madly.