XLVIII

Part 48: Forget-me-not

______________________

"What?"
Jake's irritated voice answered her question.

"I know it's not the time but-"

"What do you want from him? You already did what you want right? You already won. Stop bothering him anymore."

"Is he with you?"
Jiyoung didn't even put any attention as to what he is saying. She bit her lips to suppress tears from streaming down from her eyes.

"You have no ties with him Shin Jiyoung. Stop acting like you love him. "

"I was wrong."

jake stopped from ranting, pure silence answered Jiyoung.

"I know i was cruel. I know I don't deserve him. But just,"
Jiyoung broke apart, hugging her knees as she sat on her sofa.

"Let me see him one last time... at least. I need to see him one last time."

"....."

"I'm begging you Jake. I promise that this will be the last. "

"Not now Shin Jiyoung. I'll tell you when to come."
That's all he said before ending the call. Jiyoung stared to nothingness.

'One last time... One last time.'

________________________

December 12, 2020

Jiyoung spent days to wait for Sunghoon, She talked to her lawyer to arrange everything for her,

Finally, The day comes. Jake texted her the room number where Sunghoon is.

"He's inside..."
Secretary Yoon, who was waiting outside the hospital room told Jiyoung. Jiyoung took her shades off and smiled at Secretary Yoon.

"I'll go now, Thank you Mr. Yoon."
She simply replied and opened the door with a sly smile.

inside the room, There she saw the man of her life.

No one was inside the room, Only the two of them. Jiyoung slowly walked towards his bed and sat on the chair near him.

She stared at his beautiful face before speaking.

"Chairman Park?"
She looked at his hand, countless tubes were on it, keeping him alive.

She held his hand and softly caressed it, putting it on her face as tears started to fall from her eyes.

"Oh god when will this tears stop?"
She chuckled to herself and wiped her tears.

"I know you can hear me, Sunghoon..."
She took a deep breath.

"I want to apologize. Like really... I'm v-very very sorry... I don't know what to say anymore. I was wrong on the entire time... I was the reason. Because of me, This happened. I'm sorry..."
She looked at him, certain that she won't get any response from him, she continued.

"I want to tell you that i will always love you... I was consumed with madness and resentment, I never listened to you, But you;re right. I should have listened to you. I realized you just want to protect me. And I'm too dumb to realize it just now. "

"you are the best... Park Sunghoon, you are the best man i ever met. It's too sad we never had the chance to walk on the altar, we should have continued our escape."
Jiyoung felt sorry and guilty towards Sunghoon.

But what can she do now?

It is what it is.

You can never rewrite the stars.

"Can you.. survive for me? I'll wait for you... even though you might never see me ever again, I'll wait for you. I promise you."
Jiyoung leaned towards his direction and kissed him on the forehead. her lips were mad trembling and soft moans were coming out from her mouth as tears continued to fall from her eyes.

"I'm sorry if i can't be with you when you opened your eyes.. I don't have the face to face you anymore.."

because of guilt and disappointment to herself.

She's planning to leave him.

For good.

Jiyoung took a deep sigh and went back towards her position, still holding his hands and not letting go.

"i didn't want to kiss you good bye, That was the trouble. I wanted to kiss you good night, that... made a difference."

She took out the small box of the amethyst necklace, with a small bouquet of beautiful forget-me-not flowers and put it on the side of the table with a small note before standing up and building courage to turn her back around.

That moment.

That single moment.

when Jiyoung was already walking away.

His fingers moved.

His eyes slowly opened, yet his vision was still unclear.

he heard everything. He tried his best to gather his energy to raise his hand...

he can't.

His visions are blurry, but the silhouette of the woman he loves is the only thing he can clearly see in front of the door..

'Shin Jiyoung.... do not... leave me...'

once she walked out the door, it will be like she'll walk out from his life.

'don't.... go...'

he can't utter any word.

It was too late. The door shut close, Jiyoung left the room.

And left his life.

Maybe it's the end of their story..

Maybe it's time to say good bye to each other.

_________________________