XXXI

Part 31: Away from the eyes of everyone

_____________

9:26 pm

Sunghoon walked inside the house with a heavy sigh. It's already late at night and he expected Jiyoung to be asleep.

He wasn't half wrong.

Jiyoung is sitting on the kitchen stool with her head on the table while she's snoring cutely.

Sunghoon took his coat off and adored her face.

"so pretty...."
He breathed out as he stared at her facial features. Her small face complimented her cute doe eyes. Her nose isn't as sharp as his but it's cute. her pink plump lips that he can't resist but to adore made him addicted to her even more.

'How can i let you go when i'm madly in love with you?'

he smiled bitterly and poked her nose gently.

"hmm...."
She hummed. Sunghoon chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"jagiya it's me...."
She slowly opened her eyes seeing Sunghoon on her blurry line of vision.

"You're here...."
She said and hugged him. Sunghoon can't help it but to close his eyes and embraced her even tighter.

"Why aren't you still on your bed?"
He asked her, caressing her back. Jiyoung just hummed.

"I'm waiting for you..."
She whispered.

A moment of silence had passed. Sunghoon is recollecting his thoughts.

"Jagiya...."

"hmmm?"

"I love you."

this time, The words came out from his mouth with utter sincerity. It was too different with Yena.

Jiyoung smiled. A genuine one.

"It's the first time you told me that. "
she giggled, half asleep. Sunghoon smiled.

"You don't like it?"

"Aniyo~ i love it. I love you too..... chairman...."
She whispered and fell asleep again on his arms. 

Sunghoon carried her to his room and laid her on the bed.
he walked towards the window and stared at the night sky as he opened his phone for a call.

"Book a flight to Jeju tomorrow morning."
he didn't need answer and just hung up the call with Secretary Yoon.

he went to the bed and lay on her side, simply looking at her with his heart's content.

He stared at her face as he doze off to sleep because of exhaustion.

______________

The morning sunshine shone on her face gently, slowly waking her up. She felt arms wrapped around her waist as her head is leaning on something hard.

".....?"

Her eyes went wide as she realized where she is. She slowly looked up, looking at his sleeping figure that was peacefully sleeping on her side. His arms were on her waist and she was leaning on his chest like his baby.

"what time is it....?"
She tried moving without waking him up, but then failed as he held her tighter.

"Stay for a while."
She blushed as she heard his soft and low morning voice. She hid her head on his chest.