XLIX

Final Chapter: 'Til we meet again

___________________________

4 years later....

Journees des Metiers d'Art
Paris, France
April 3, 2024

Jiyoung looked at the beautiful painting in front of her, sighing and taking a picture with her vintage dslr camera.

"The camouflage selves series. isn't it beautiful?"

An old man spoke, standing on her sides while staring at the painting.

"Y-Yeah..."
she was startled. the old man looked at her and smiled.

"it seems like your eyes is longing for someone. Like the camouflaged series."

A painting that depicts reality and how you hide it. Women who had masks on their faces, different colors, different expressions but everyone has the same eyes.

eyes that was longing for someone. The way they camouflage their true selves are great and explicit.

But the eyes will never lie on what you truly feel.

That's the Camouflaged Series.

"you can put it that way..."
Jiyoung softly smiled and looked at the painting again.

"You look familiar.. I saw you in tv already! aren't you Shin Jiyoung?"

"y-yeah..."

"Ohh goodness gracious, It's a pleasure to meet you here.. One of the youngest and most successful jewelrist in the world, Ms. Shin Jiyoung..."
the man bowed in front of her. Jiyoung patted his shoulder.

"Oh no don't do that..."

"That's necessary ms. Shin... my wife was a fan of yours! She have all of your designs and she really loved it!"
The old man let out a laugh.

"Oh really? You should have brought her here so that we can meet.... "

"I know i know. For sure she'll be jealous once i told her that i already met her idol."
The man laughed with her.

Jiyoung looked at the paiting once again.

No honors and opportunities are on par with her job as his assistant.

She smiled bitterly.

"can i take a picture with you at least? And an autograph?"

"Sure... let's do it."

After that, she was alone once again.

Jiyoung sighed.

It's been four years and her life already changed, turned upside down... she became one of the most famous jeweler in the world. She's making designs that was already can be called as world-class. Her talent to look at how beautiful a jewel can be, helped her to make her name in the industry.

She now have everything.

Money, Fame, Recognition.

But her life has a missing part.

An empty space on her heart.

She haven't realized that she's been staring at the camouflage series for awhile now already.

"They said that the eyes can't lie... aren't they?"

Jiyoung went frozen on her location.

A young man on an expensive trench coat uttered on her side.

Jiyoung's mind went blank, she can't move any of her limbs.

The only thing that was processed on her mind was his voice.

The voice that she longed for.

After 4 years,

She heard it once again.

"Your eyes look so beautiful, Assistant Shin."

She turned to her side, seeing Sunghoon looking at her with a sweet smile.

Tears covered her visions, they slowly streamed down to her cheeks.

But now, It's the tears of happiness.

The man she longed for

The man she loved

The man she promised forever

Is now standing in front of her.

completely well.
Jiyoung's feet won't move no matter how she want to. She is just staring at him while her tears are flowing down, her mouth is wide agape. Sunghoon took out a white handkerchief from his pocket and walked towards her direction.

"Chairman... Park..."
She whispered. Sunghoon stood in front of her, wiping her tears with his white handkerchief and smiling at her widely.

"It's been four years... Are you still available, Ms. Shin?"
Jiyoung cannot control herself anymore, She embraced him tight and cried on his shoulder.

"Should we.... start all over again?"

-End-

_______________