XXVI

Part 26: Moments of Alwaysness

_______

10:02 pm

"MAKE WAY!! MAKE WAY!!!"
The doctors rushed towards the ER with the hospital bed in which Sunghoon is located. Jiyoung and Secretary Yoon were trailing their paths. Looking at the unconscious Sunghoon that was laying down on the bed..

"You can't go in."
The nurse pushed Jiyoung when she tried to come inside of the Emergency Room.

Jiyoung wasn't talking. tears were just dropping on her eyes as she continuously stared on the void.

She collapsed on the ground feeling overwhelmed with worry and anxiety.

"Assistant Shin...."
Secretary Yoon held her shoulder just to comfort her.

She looked at his direction. Even tho he's not shedding a tear, you can clearly see the pain on his eyes.

"He'll be alright.. right?"
Jiyoung weakly stood up and sat on the bench near them.

Sudden noise from countless footsteps were heard on the passageway to the emergency room.

They looked at the hallway seeing countless men on suits pass towards their direction.

It revealed Sunghoon's Parents and The President himself.

"Secretary Yoon and Assistant Shin?"
Mrs. Park ran towards their direction. They both bowed as a sign of respect.

"What happened to my Sunghoon-ah? What happened to my son? How is he?"
Mrs.Park Sangha cannot contain herself from worrying. Jiyoung just looked at her and sighed.

"He'll be fine..."
Her voice cracked. Mrs Park looked at her with awe and embraced her tightly.

"Can you tell me what happened Butler Yoon?"
His dad looked at Secretary Yoon who was now looking down. He knelt down in front of him and apologized sincerely.

"I deeply apologize as to what happened with the Chairman. I'll take any punishment that you will give me wholeheartedly."
He apologized.

Sunghoon's father looked at him.

"I'm not asking you to apologize Butler Yoon. I'm asking you what happened to him?"
Secretary Yoon nodded his head and stood up.

"The President's daughter was kidnapped earlier."
The President, Min Kwangjun looked at Secretary Yoon the moment he heard his words.

"They called him for the ransom but the Chairman plotted a plan for them."
Secretary Yoon continued and looked at the president.

"he told me to call him 5 minutes after he arrived on their place. the call activated his gps and that's the signal I needed to call the police. He predicted that they will come outside and that will be the best timing to catch them. his plans succeeded and the President's daughter was safe."
He then looked down.

"But one of the underlings tried to kill the president's daughter. The chairman took the bullet that was supposed to be for her."
After hearing his words, the president cannot help it but to collapse on the ground. he knelt in front of Mr and Mrs Park out of shame.

"Mr. President...."

"I deeply apologize for what happened Mr. and Mrs. Park.... I'll do the best that we can to save your son. I will take this as an indebtedness for the rest of my life...."
Mrs Park turned towards him and tapped his shoulder.