XXXVIII

Part 38: Broken Trust

____________________________

"She'll love my surprise right?"
Yena asked herself in front of the mirror while touching her lips, feeling the taste of Sunghoon's lips on her mouth.

A phone call opened from the screen of her phone, seeing a registered name on the top side, She answered the phone instantly.

"I told her everything on the right timing. Sunghoon seems to hear it clearly."
Mrs. Park Sangah told her after Jiyoung and Sunghoon left the room. Yena laughed

"Very Well, Mrs. Park. Thank you so much."
She sweetly told her with a smile while staring at herself in the mirror.

"You're welcome sweetie. It's for Sunghoon afterall.."
she said and slightly laughed. Yena chuckled.

"Yes Mrs. Park. For Sunghoon."
She replied and dropped the phone call.

She's feeling euphoric. She just marked him as her property and now, her plan succeeded.

What did she do?

"this will be my first and last warning for you Shin Jiyoung, I'll never let you ruin our relationship... Not MY relationship."
she laughed hysterically while staring at her reflection in front of the mirror. 

Her obsession will kill him.

She should know that.

_____________

"Chairman Park!!"
Jiyoung rushed towards his direction and held his hand to prevent him from walking. Sunghoon violently swung his arms to make her let go. Jiyoung flinched and took her hand back.

"Do not touch me."
He looked at her direction. Jiyoung gulped her saliva because of his sharp glare towards her. 

"It's not what you think."
She replied, Trying to tell him that he misunderstood everything. Sunghoon's glare went sharper.

"I'm not dumb Shin Jiyoung."
He asserted.

"It's not like that.... I was just-"

"I didn't demand any explanation, Ms. Shin."

The longer it takes, The colder he gets.

Jiyoung sighed in dismay. She closed her eyes to suppress her emotions.

"You heard everything?" 
Sunghoon just blankly looked at her. Jiyoung looked down.

"i'm sorry..."
her voice cracked. Sunghoon hissed with disappointment.

"You're sorry for what? For trying to hide everything from me?"
he mocked at her and laughed.

"I told you it's not like that! I... will never hide anything from you! I'm planning to tell you everything as soon as possible. You just came at a wrong timing. I promise... "
Sunghoon looked away and bit his lips.

"It was unfair.  I know what you're thinking. you will hide it from me. You will not let me know the truth. For what? because you thought the reality will ruin me? You don't want to see me in pain?"
Jiyoung looked down because of shame.

That was what she's thinking minutes ago.

"But it's much more painful to keep it from me. I can't understand why would you hide that fact.."

"I just don't want to see you in pain-"

"who are you to make decisions for me?"
He looked down at her. Jiyoung's tears went streaming down on her eyes.

"Just to remind you, YOU ARE JUST MY ASSISTANT. KNOW YOUR PLACE."

It seems like this happened once again, Jiyoung can't take it anymore.

Impulsive. Words came out from his mouth accidentally because of resentment.

His words  broke her heart. Jiyoung cannot controlled herself. her body moved accordingly with what she's feeling.

*slap!*

The side of Sunghoon's lips bled . Jiyoung's fists were trembling as she clenched them with anger.

"I am just your assistant?"
She repeated what he said. Sunghoon looked away.

"But i thought... You love me?"
Jiyoung clicked her tongue and mocked at him with a bitter smile. A smile while tears were flowing on her eyes.

"Don't tell me everything that we did together doesn't mean anything from you."

"did i just assumed that you have feelings for me?"
A tear escaped from his eyes. Sunghoon wasn't looking at her. Jiyoung was glaring at his direction with desperation, anger and resentment.

"Oh.." She laughed bitterly and glared at him. Sunghoon blankly looked at her eyes. " you never clarified our status anyways, It's my fault."

She walked towards his direction. Glaring at him with the same resentment he's been holding the entire time.

"It's my fault for assuming that your cold heart will fall in love with someone like me."

"I thought they were real, I thought you cared for me. I thought you actually loved me. I was out of place. I'm sorry for crossing the line."
Sarcasm and Irony can be heard inside of her words. They were full of pain but was mocking him to insult his ego.

"I was just your assistant. "

That moment she saw something....

Something that made her resent him even more.

"What's that?"
She pointed out red to purple marks on his neck. 

It wasn't skin rashes or something.

She knows what it is. Why would she ask if it's already obvious.

She looked at him with disgust.

"You do not really care, right?"
He turned around and started to walk away. Jiyoung was frozen still on her position.

Pain started to envelope her. She can't process what she's thinking. She's been stuck in a single loophole of thoughts.

hickeys?

from who?

Yena?

"Tell me... I know it's pathetic but did you really loved me?"
Sunghoon stopped on his tracks. He didn't looked back. He doesn't want to see her face anymore.

Both of them were full of resentment. They will never understand each other.

'tell me you love me.... tell me that i was wrong...'

"i never did. Shin Jiyoung. "

the words escaped his lips. Jiyoung's eyes lost their shine.

She blankly stared at secretary Yoon who was eyeing on her direction with an apologetic eyes.

*ting!

Secretary Yoon:

Call me when you are on a proper state for a conversation. Please be safe for Chairman, Ms. Shin.

_____________________

I'm not supposed to post this today but, nah. Let's light the fire now.

T^T

Someone asked me on the dm if this story will recieve happy ending!!!

To answer that question,

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Amen.