XII

Part 12: The taste of threat

********

"What do you want? y'know i am busy right?"
Jay chuckled while simply relaxing on his bath tub, playing with the bubbles.

"You already met her?"
A rather monotonous voice of a woman replied to him. Jay smiled widen up.

"You wanna know?"

"Yeah."

"then do it yourself. I ain;t telling you anything."
He playfully teased her. Park Sunhee bit her lips in annoyance.

"We are talking about my brother here Jay. don't play with me."
she murmured. she heard Jay laughing from the other side of the phone, pissing her even more.

"You really won't tell me anything?"

"i'm kidding 'kay? Why so stiff.."
Jay shook his head,

"Don't piss even more. You won't like it Mr.Park."
She warned. Jay shrugged his shoulder and stared at the ceiling.

"I'll send you her number and her informations. That's enough for you right?"

Sunhee didn't replied. She stood on her seat and watched the Paris' skylights from her condominium's glass wall.

"Fine. "
She hung up the call.

Jay laughed. 

"why am i even helping her?"
He asked to himself while taking his phone and sending Jiyoung's number to Sunhee.

********

"Ohh god."
Jiyoung rushed towards the company building.

She's late. after what Sunghoon told her yesterday, He never talked to her again leaving her hanging with what he want to say. Jiyoung didn't slept properly because of that.

"Wait!!"
She yelled seeing the elevator door closing. She slipped her hand inside so that in won't close. thank god it didn't.

"Ohh Assistant Shin?"
Director Kang greeted her. She bowed her head.

"Director Kang! Good morning."
She greeted her. 

"So what happened yesterday?"

'should i be honest?'

"It... went well fortunately."
She faked a smile . Director Kang smiled in relief.

"I think you need this, Assistant Shin."
Director Kang took a comb from her bag and gave it to Jiyoung. Jiyoung awkwardly smiled and took it.

"I-I'm sorry..."
She awkwardly answered. the elevator door opened.

"Kids these days..."
Director Kang tapped her shoulder and walked out from the elevator.

Jiyoung sighed the moment the elevator door closed. She combed her messy hair while using the elavator wall as mirror.

"It's his fault. That blind asshole."
She murmured while fixing her hair. There's no other worker inside the elevator since it;s moving towards the top floor where the executives and directors are.

The elevator door opened while she's fixing her lipstick. 

"Chairman!!"
She was surprised by Sunghoon standing in front of the elevator door. 

Sunghoon walked inside, glancing at her frozen body.

"You're late."
He said pressing the ground floor.

Jiyoung rolled her eyes. 

"Of course I will be-" She stopped the elevator door from closing. "I have so many things on my mind yesterday that i can't sleep." She said scoffing at him. She started to walk outside.

But then, Sunghoon pulled her wrist suddenly. she slipped because of her high heels and fell towards Sunghoon's position.

Sunghoon accidentally wrapped his hands on her back as both of them was pushed on the wall. 

Everyone on the last floor who saw what happened had their eyes wide. The elevator door slowly closing....

Jiyoung froze on her position. Slightly embarrassed with what just happened.

"W-Why did you do that?!!"
She yelled, pushing Sunghoon against the wall to break free from his embrace.

"The... What?"

"Why did you pulled me?!!"
She yelled at him again. Sunghoon just looked at her blankly.

"Isn't it your job to be with me?"
He asked her.

"Yes! But- No! I am-"

"Tone down your voice young lady i am only in front of you."
He said, slightly pissed.

"Aish! Why would you have to pull me?! Can't you see i'm walking towards my desk? I'll just put my bag on my table and rush to you!! Can't you see that?!!"

Jiyoung snapped. Sunghoon looked at her with annoyance.

"First of all, I can't. I can't freakin see you moving to your desk. Thank you for telling me that. Second, I pulled you since the meeting is too urgent and i can't waste 5 minutes waiting for you to come back. And third, I saved your life from tripping down and shaming your ass and yet you're here nagging on me like a freakin brat wheeping over a piece of candy stolen from her. I don't even know what's the big deal about what happened. Thank you. You just made my day. "
He sharply glanced at her and walked out from the elevator.

Jiyoung was shocked. In every word Sunghoon told her, it has emphasis and annoyance.

It's too scary.

" C-Chairman!! "
She realized she was spacing out and ran towards Sunghoon who just left the entrance door.

"Wait!!"

Sunghoon already went inside the car and left. Jiyoung tried to chase it but clearly, her feet wasn't enough to keep up with the speed of the four wheel vehicles.

"Aigoo- no waaaay..."
Jiyoung put her hands on her knees while panting.

This is a nice day for her.

She was late for her work.

Unable to fix herself on the house so she hustled on the elevator,

Embarassed herself by tripping on the chairman,

Pissed Sunghoon very very much to the point that his eyes are already telling that he's mad

And she just missed the car so she need to commute or else the files she's keeping for the meeting won't be presented on the meeting itself.

How can this be much more worse?

*ring! ring! *

Her phone rang, an unregistered number appeared on the screen.

'Is this chairman?'

She don't know. Maybe it's actually the 2nd Secretary thag was driving the car right?

"Hello?"
She answered the phone call and waited for ten seconds for a reply.

Fortunately, she had none.

"Hello? I'm not really in the mood right now for some pranks so please. Fvck off."

She said it.

Again.

"Meet me at the Haven's Cafe Ms. Secretary."

"And why would i do that?"

"Because i am Park Sunghee. Sunghoon's elder sister."

Just when she thought the day could have been much worse, Here comes another problem.

***********

Sorry for not updating T^T i finished Schadenfreude so that i can focus here. Thank you for waiting!!!