XLVII

Part 47: Regrets

___________________

-toot...toot...toot-

The only sound you can hear inside the room was the sound of the electronic vital sign monitor creating a beeping tone that monitors Sunghoon's state, and the loud sighs of all of the visitors inside.

"he'll be okay, right?"
Jay just shrugged his shoulder with Jake's statement. Clearly, there's no assurance if he will still wake up or not.

"With the hemorrhage on his frontal lobe and lungs, I'm afraid there's just a small chance that he will wake up again Mr. and Mrs Park. It's already a miracle that he lasted up until this moment but, It's all that we can do. If he didn't wake up after 5 days, we'll be forced to use euthanasia. let's all pray for his recovery. My most sincere apologies, Mr. and Mrs. Park. I'll get going."

Park Sangah's knees went weak, she fell on her husband's shoulder who supported her to stand up on her feet.

"This is just a dream...."
She whispered on her husband as she broke apart.

Sunghoon is in coma. With the blood hemorrhage hitting his brain, Sunghoon was already lucky that they executed the operation without him dying.

But his state was near death already.

The blood hemorrhage damaged his brain cells, making him unable to wake himself up. His body will slowly deteriorate if he will continue on that state, and thus... he will never wake up ever again.

The gloomy atmosphere on the room lasted up until there's no one inside but Sunghoon.

"Let's all hope for a miracle."

__________________

*knock knock!

Jiyoung opened here eyes, hearing loud knocks from her hotel room's door, slowly waking her up.

She looked around, seeing herself sleeping on the couch, countless bottle of sojus are on the table and on the floor.

It was a mess...

'Don't tell me it's...'

She fixed her hair on a tie and helped herself up, walking towards the door and finally opening it.

"Hello, Ms. Shin."

A rather unfamiliar face greeted Jiyoung with a smile. Her forehead creased with confusion.

"who....are you?"

_______________

"you gotta be kidding me..."

"I'm clearly being serious here Ms. Shin. The Last will and Testaments tells it all."

"How...?"

"What do you mean by how, Ms. Shin?"
The woman holding a suitcase asked her.

"How did you find me.. How did you know.. I'm confused."

"At first, It's very hard to find you. Your relatives hide your identity and claimed the last will and testaments. The national bank nullified their proposal since they are not written on the testaments. The treasures were kept on the national bank for you and your mother. sadly, we cannot confirm his death while your mother is still alive since his body was never found. Now that it's been 10 years and he's still missing,"
The lawyer looked at Jiyoung with a sigh and an apologetic look.

"We therefore conclude that he's dead and the last will and testaments will be brought to you."

"That didn't answered my question. How did you found me?"

"oh about that, Someone helped me. he was investigating about your father's disappearance and is taking evidences too.."

"Someone?"

"yes." The lawyer smiled at Jiyoung before continuing "He's the reason why i found you. I'm really thankful because without him, we will never meet here."

"who.... "

'Stop fooling yourself Jiyoung, you already know who it is.'

"Mr. Park Sunghoon. The chairman of the Skypark Group? he helped me alot, he proved me that you are Shin Jihoon's daughter by giving me DNA results that matched your father's Your birth certificate and everything."
The lawyer held her hand and squeezed it tight. "He did everything for you, and is now trying to find your father."

'You are the only person that he loved, Sincerely...'

'If being selfish will grant you happiness then I'll be egotistic for you!!'

'For me...? Everything is for me?'

"Can you... uhmm... leave first? I need time to think... I'll just call you."

The lawyer bowed at her and walked towards the door, leaving the room without saying any other word but good bye.

Jiyoung can't hold it anymore, The tears she's been keeping streamed out from her eyes.

"WHYYY??!!"
She yelled at herself and cried.

Sunghoon did everything for her..

What have she done?

Even if her hands are trembling, Jiyoung took her phone and sighed, composing herself.

'I shouldn't waste time...'

She dialed his phone, Thank god someone answered.

"Why are you calling?"
His cold remarks welcomed her. Jiyoung chuckled bitterly.

"Jake.... can i know where Sunghoon is?"

____________________

There's too many trouble... Maybe the destiny isn't really favoring them

T^T

(This should be published yesterday but yeah i edited it first before publishing it so it took time and i accidentally slept. tsk tsk)