Red Haired Boy

It's your 6th year at Hogwarts and it's a new year. You cannot even put into words how excited you are to see your best friend George Weasley. The Weasley family loves you and never seems to have anything bad to say about you, which is always a good thing. Georges twin Fred is also one of your best friends but you and him never got as close as you and George are. You let your owl, Feathers, go so she could meet you at Hogwarts. You grabbed your luggage and threw floo powder down. Once it lit up in green flames you jumped in and yelled

"Diagon Alley!" The correct way you might add if a certain round spectacles boy were near.

The next thing you know you're sitting on the ground in Diagon alley with all your luggage beside you in a disarray. Your tailbone hurts from landing on your butt. You let out a sigh when suddenly somebody grabs your hand and lifts you up off the ground. You are shocked and a little startled but you look at the bright red-headed boy lifting your luggage off the ground and you know who it is immediately just by the bump of his nose and the way he smiles at you. Fred doesn't smile that way, especially at you.

"George! It's so good to see you. I missed you so much." You say to him very excitedly.

As soon as George stands up straight from picking up your luggage off the ground you run into him and wrap your arms around him.

"Ok, ok let's get going we can put your luggage on the train, and then we can go do our shopping." He says with a smile.

"You haven't done your shopping yet?" You ask with a confused face.

"Well, of course not, I was waiting for you to get here we always do our shopping together." He says with his cheeks turning a bright red color, only a few shades different from the top of his head.

"I can take some of my bags if you want." You say trying to hold back a smile

"No no no I will put them on the train don't you worry." He says turning away and walking to the train.

As soon as his back is turned towards you, you let out one of the biggest smiles on you you have ever had. You stand there thinking about how good of a friend he is when he asks from a few feet ahead.

"Are you coming y/n/n?"

You snap out of your trance and run up to him and you can hear him giggling as you turn a light red in your cheeks.

After setting down your bags at the platform you and George head off to the first store to go get your books you both need for your 6th year at Hogwarts. The Weasleys never did have much money and you always had quite a bit. While George was getting hand me downs from his older siblings and he wasn't looking you grabbed extra things that he needed and would leave them in his dorm with notes. This year you bought him some new quills and you may or may not have grabbed the new nimbus broom.

You knew that George was on the quidditch team but he always had hand me down brooms that were never fast at all and you never got George a broom you always got him smaller things like books and quills. You put it in with a pile of books so George couldn't see it. You finally got done with shopping and were carrying so many bags your arms were full. George tried to take the one with the broom and you looked him dead in the eyes and said

"Do not dare grab that bag, George Weasley. Here if you really want you can take this one." You said as you handed him the bag full of books.

He laughed and grabbed the books instead of the bag with the broom. You could definitely see he was a little bit confused but he brushed it off very quickly. You loaded all your bags next to your luggage and sat down on the train. Of course, George sat next to you on the train and you guys talked constantly the whole way to Hogwarts. You laughed so hard at each other's jokes if someone were to hear you two laughing they would think that it wasn't humanly possible for two people to laugh at each other that hard.

You arrived at Hogwarts and you and George ran side by side to the Gryffindor common room and once you got there you split up and each went to the different dorms. You went to the girl's dorm and he went to the boy's dorm. You unpacked all your things and hid the things you bought George under your bed so no one would be able to see them especially not Ginny. She knew that You bought George things and no matter how much you and her were friends you knew she would tell George about the broom and you knew that couldn't happen. You walked out of the girl's dorm and saw George walking out of the boys one so you both exited the Gryffindor common room and both headed towards the cafeteria so you could watch the first years get sorted and listen to dumbledore's lectures. Maybe even see if there were any new teachers in the school this year.

You and George of course sat next to each other because you were both in Gryffindor so you were at the same table. You got up and told George you had to go to the bathroom when he nodded you headed off in the direction of the bathroom and when he couldn't see you anymore you made an abrupt turn and headed towards the boys Gryffindor dorms. You were sure that nobody would be in there because they were all in the great hall. You made sure to go to the girl's dorm first though so you could grab his stuff. You grabbed the books and quills you bought him and making sure not to forget the most important thing the broom. You hurried towards the boy's dorm and nobody was in there except for Ron.

You entered the room anyway because it was only George's younger brother. He looked at you and jumped because you startled him.

"Shhh, do not tell George whatever you do." You set down his things on his bed and grabbed a piece of parchment and wrote him a note.

-From your favorite person.

"I won't. Hey, is there something going on between you and my brother George?" Ron asked in a hushed tone

"No, we are just friends Ron." You say kind of shocked that Ron would ask that. At the same time you knew it was because you and George were kind of attached by the hip. You were best friends and have been best friends for years and never did anything without each other. Even school supplies shopping so you kind of knew why he'd ask.

You went back to the Great hall with Ron and sat down.

"I found your brother, George." You say laughing

After the meeting in the great hall you and George walk back to the dorms and you fight back a smile the whole time you cannot wait to see George's reaction when he sees that broomstick on his bed. You just now he's going to be so happy.