Is it summer yet?

It's been a little while and things are still going great between you and George. It's almost summer and that was what you were looking forward to the most since last years summer. You were going home for summer again this year but you didn't even really know if your parents were going to be home. You decided to start packing since summer break is officially starting tomorrow and you needed to get a move on.

You packed everything up that was in your room except for a few things you were going to need for tomorrow.

The next day you got up and got ready for heading home.

You grabbed your luggage and headed out to where everyone was loading onto the train.

You said goodbye to everyone and hopped onto the train. You immediately started to walk through the train and try and find George's compartment. When you found it you went ahead and stuffed all off your luggage at the top of the compartment and took a seat next to George.

"Do you really have to go home?" He asked sadly.

"Yes Georgie I'm afraid I do. In case my parents come home or are already there."

"But I'm going to miss you too much. I won't be able to stop missing you." He said looking down to where your head was resting on his shoulder.

The train ride home was filled with lots of snuggling between you and George and trying to pack as much attention as you could give him into the measly amount of time you were given. You knew you would always see him next year but you were going to miss him so much. Before the two of you had dated you had always missed him but not this much.

Perhaps dating him had someway made the two of you closer.

When you got to platform 9 and 3/4 you had become even more sad. You did not want to leave George and go back to your home. But you had to.

You gave him a kiss before taking his hand in yours and giving it a little squeeze. You then walked away with your luggage in hand and a few tear drops fell down.

Why were you being so dramatic you were going to see him next year. You didn't know but you wished you did.

You walked through the front door of your house and dropped you luggage on the floor. You wandered throughout the house and looked for your parents.

Instead of finding your parents you had found a note.

"Dear y/n

Your father and I are sad to say we will not be able to be home for summer this year. The meetings Just keep coming and are very important. Please forgive us.

Sincerely your parents."

Great.

You sank down to the floor and began to sulk. You were all alone in your house with no one to keep you company. You were all alone in your house thinking about George with no one to take your mind off of it.

You eventually got up and grabbed your luggage taking it all upstairs and unpacking some of it. You were too drained to unpack it all you would eventually unpack it all throughout the days but not right now.

You sat down at your desk and began writing the letter to initiate you and George's back and forth letters.

"Dear George

I though I would write this to initiate the letters between us. I have gotten home and unpacked some of my things. How has your summer been so far? I know it's only been like and hour since we got off the train and you might not even be home yet but you know.

I looked around the house to see if I could find my parents. I found a note but no parents. Apparently I'm all alone for the holidays.

Tell Fred I said hi. Also Ginny and let her know if she wants I can write to her as well. Ok?

Sincerely y/n"

You sealed up an envelope with the parchment inside and gave it to your owl and watched him fly off. You didn't do much the first day back mostly just watching some tv shows you missed over the year and eating.

It wasn't until before you were going to bed when you were getting ready and brushing your teeth you got a letter back.

"Dear y/n

Look outside your window.

Sincerely George"

That was short. You were expecting a little longer of an letter but this would do. Then you processed it you ran over to your window opening it up to see a bright blue Ford anglia waiting outside the window.

"George!? Your not allowed to drive that car since 4th year. What are you doing here?"

"Well why else would I be here? Pack some things and hop in I'm taking you to the burrow. I know you were already sad leaving and now with no one here to entertain you it has to be 10x worse."

In no time you were packing up things in some suitcases and plopping the suitcases down into the trunk hopping into the passenger seat with George's hand as balance.

"Now you won't have to write to Ginny or have me tell Fred hi you can do it yourself darling." He said smiling and beginning to drive away.

"Thank you." You said with your voice a little shaky as you began to cry.

"Darling why are you crying?"

"I just... I guess I've had a bad day and I missed you already and was really lonely in that house all alone. I was just really thinking that my parents would be home. It kind of let me down. I'm just grateful that I have you." You said looking over at him. "Sorry for being so soppy." You added

"Lucky for you I love soppy." He said wiping away some of the tears on your face.

Looks like maybe this wouldn't be the worst summer ever. You would be able to spend it with George.

A/n: hey guys I'm really sorry that I said at least 2 chapters over the weekend and didn't fulfill that. Some stuff came up and I didn't have time to write. I'm really going to try and write a really long chapter for tomorrow. Also I can thank all the people reading this enough for 860 views. ✌🏻🙂