Is it that obvious?

A/n I know that in the movies and books different grade levels aren't all in the same class but in this story I made it that way so that it works out better for the story.

It's been a few days since your impromptu talk with Hermione about your feelings. It seemed as if it had done the trick because you no longer felt the need to lie to George or feel different. You still have a crazy big crush on him but it doesn't make you as scared anymore.

Perhaps Hermione takes notice of this because you keep catching her trying to get your attention and when you look at her she shoots you a smile with a thumbs up. Maybe she's getting a little too much excitement and joy out of this. While looking at George you can't help but take in all of his beauty. You look at his face for so long but look away occasionally so it doesn't seem like your staring. (Even though you are.) The Yule ball is coming up in a few weeks and you can't help but daydream about it.

You think about it a unhealthy amount. Even though you know that George won't ask you because he doesn't even know you have a thing for him. It doesn't hurt to dream right? It did break your heart a little knowing that you were going to have to watch him ask someone to the ball. Watch them dance their hearts away as you sit in the corner and watch. Watch them fall in love after it. Even though it wasn't for certain that they would fall in love it was a possibility. A possibility you didn't even want to think of even though you couldn't help but think of it.

You were sitting at breakfast daydreaming like usual when George noticed that there was something off with you. He put a hand on your shoulder and shook you a little bit.

"Hey, earth to y/n. You there?"

You immediately snapped back and went a light pink in the checks. You nodded your head at him and went back to eating.

"We didn't give her anything right. Like a weird potion or anything. No weird trial of puking pastilles that went off the radar" you heard Fred whisper to George.

Great he noticed something was up with you as well. What a great beginning to the day.

"I would never. Who do you take me for Fred?"You heard George say to Fred.

You'd be lying if you said there wasn't a brief moment where a smile crept onto your face after you heard him say that. The end of breakfast bell rang and you didn't really want to leave George's side but you also didn't want to fail potions class. Especially since it was professor snapes class. That teacher was rude.

As you were walking to class Hermione joined your side. She asked you a question you never thought she would ask.

"Who do you want to ask you to the Yule ball"

You gave her a look telling her isn't that obvious. And then said

"Who do you want to ask you?"

"Oh right sorry I forgot. Don't tell anyone but I really want Ron to ask me." She said a blush creeping onto her checks

You were more shocked to hear that then you let on. You just gave her a quick cool. When in reality you wanted to drop your jaw.

When you finally got to class and sat down you began to read the words you never wanted to read on that black board. Especially at this moment in time. As George sat next to you in class he noticed some worry on your face.

"You alright y/n? Your looking a little pale there?"

You shook your head at him indicating that you were fine. Or at least wanted it to seem like you were fine even though you weren't.

Professor Snape began to speak

"Hello class... today we are going to be brewing... amortentia... please pull out your potions books. Can anyone tell me what amortentia is..."