Come on dance with me

After the whole, this is how a pencil works conversation with the entire Weasley family you and George headed upstairs. George was extra snuggly tonight but you made sure to let him be the little spoon because he needed it. You rested your chin on his head and shortly after that passed out thinking about him.

Not in a creepy way or anything you just felt bad for him today. It never occurred to you that maybe he had some thoughts in his head. Thoughts that you would leave him one day after you had gotten all of the attention you needed. Thoughts that you didn't want to marry him and have a life with him. The possibility of George believing these things broke your heart.

You couldn't really put into words your love for George. But you knew it was immeasurable, from the moment you looked at him you were closer than ever. Sure you never realized the feelings could be something more until last year but better late than never you supposed.

The next morning you ran over to one of your suitcases and began recklessly searching for something. When you finally found it your face lit up. It was your radio that you packed. Music always lifted your spirits but George never heard much. You set it down in his room and turned it on.

"What's this y/n?" He asked groggily rubbing his eyes.

"It's a radio. I thought you would like to hear some muggle music this summer. Let's just withhold it from your dad for a while or we may never get it back." You replied giving a small laugh.

"You packed it just so I could hear the music." He asked you.

"Of course I did Georgie you are my favorite person." You stated giving him a forehead kiss.

You got up and headed downstairs to the smell of Molly cooking breakfast.

"Thank you Molly for always making us food." You said graciously as she set the food down on the table.

"Oh it's no problem dear. I usually feed 8 mouths during the summer. What's one more?" She replied with her infamous smile.

You began putting some of the food on your plate and digging in when Molly spoke up again from the other end of the table.

"We have some chores today, children." She said as all the Weasley kids began yelling.

"Wait what? But it's summer." Asked Fred

"But I have to do schoolwork."

"I have a girlfriend who needs love and attention" George piped in.

And the excuses just kept coming you didn't mind George's though. Even though he probably meant 'I have a girlfriend who should give me love and attention.' You didn't mind though. It wouldn't help to add another one so you spoke up.

"What do you need us to do Molly?"

"Oh dear you, Hermione, and Harry don't have to do anything it's just the Weasleys who do." She replied.

"Don't worry about it I'll help the George and it can go by a little faster. If we finish then maybe I can help some of the others. I don't mind."

Molly saw no point in arguing with a 16 almost 17 year old who had her mind set on cleaning so she didn't argue.

"Well, Ginny help with the dusting and main cleaning alright. The twins will do de gnomeing in the back and front yard. Ron, you focus on the kitchen and help with dishes." They didn't argue and went back to angrily stabbing their food on their plates.

To the Weasley kids' demise they eventually did end up finishing their food and having to begin working.

"Let's go George."

"Oh, come on can't we just stall." He questioned batting his eyes at you.

"Well we could but the sooner we start it the sooner it ends." You said which seemed to change his mind a bit considering he got up. "Im going to go grab something alright?" You finished.

He nodded at you and you walked up to his room and grabbed the radio. Sure if you brought it down there was no way Arthur wouldn't see it but if it brought some enlightenment who cared.

You walked back down and out to the backyard with the radio in hand and set it down. You switched it to a station that was usually very upbeat with very few slow songs.

You and the twins de gnomed the garden for a while until you were finally finished. It took a while but not as long as it would have if you weren't helping.

Thankfully all the songs on the radio were upbeat until after you were done. That's when the slower songs started to play.

You sat on the ground thankful you were done with your chores while Fred went inside presumably to get a drink.

Suddenly George scooped you up and placed you on your feet before you.

"Come in dance with me will you?" He asked as you nodded your head in agreement.

"Come on shouldn't we help some of your siblings with their work?" You asked

"They don't need help they can do their own work."

You nodded in agreement and placed your hands on his shoulders placing your hands in his neck. He placed his hands on your waist as you danced around the yard. It was mostly slow but there was a few times where George would pick you up or spin you around.

"Fred said you guys are done with the gnomes you can come inside if you-" she stopped when she saw the two of you dancing in the yard to the music. She didn't want to ruin this moment.

"Save it for the wedding you two." Fred stayed as he came back to the yard with a glass of water in hand.

"Fred I won't hesitate to murder you in your sleep. It's not like y/n would snitch on me." He said.

"I would help." You replied.

He put his arms up in surrender carefully so he wouldn't spill any water and retreated back into the house with molly leaving you and George alone to dance.