Letter from home

You hadn't seen your parents in a while. A long time actually. They were always gone when you came home from breaks and then you moved into the shop with George. So considering that you were shocked to receive a letter from home.

"Miss y/l/n

We are very sorry to inform you that your parents have passed. Your mother was attending a meeting at the ministry. When she returned home to your father they were both killed by the dark lord. I know this very hard to believe but it seemed best to inform you. I am also very sorry to inform you of this in a letter of all things but as you know I'm afraid it isn't safe to be out and about."

"Hey darling are you home?!" George called out for you.

You wanted to call out to him. To tell him you were in the kitchen but your mouth just bobbed up and down. All that came out when it opened was a quiet sob.

"What do you think about going- Merlin are you ok."

You supposed this time you didn't have to speak so you just shook your head no. You were ready to fall over but you kept a hand on a counter so you wouldn't.

George rushed over to you and took you in his arms as the both of you sunk down to the floor. He ran his fingers through your hair trying to comfort you.

"Love please tell me what's wrong."

You still couldn't speak so you looked around you for the letter. Your hands were shaking so bad you almost couldn't grab it but you eventually did handing it to him. He read over it quickly and shock came over him. Not only were your parents dead. They had been killed and killed by the dark lord. It seemed like maybe just maybe there was going to be a war.

"I'm so sorry." He said pressing a kiss to the top of your head. He scooped you up on his arms and carried you over to your bedroom where he layers you on the bed.

"You should rest. I can stay if you want." He said laying the blanket over top of you.

"Please stay." Was all you could manage as more tears slipped down your face. So he sat down and held you for a while.

———

You couldn't even go to their funeral. It was too dangerous with Voldemort coming to a rise. No one really knew much about it at all. All people really knew was that wizards and even muggles were showing up dead and they were certain it was him.

"Here love. You should drink something."'he said handing you a glass of hot chocolate. "It may not be the most beneficial like water but it's fluids and your probably don't want water right now."

"Thank you." You said taking a sip.

"How are you doing. Do you need to talk."

"I'm doing alright. For a person who found out her parents are dead and couldn't go to their burial I'm doing pretty great."

"I know it's hard. I'm here for you. I know you don't want to talk much to anyone and probably even me but if you need me I'm here."

"I'm glad your here. Your really the only one I want to talk to. I'm sad but I can't be sad for too long. It's not like they were always around. I haven't really seen them for years. I'm allowing myself to grieve but at some point enough is enough.

George was with you every step of the way. Although he hadn't really lost lost anybody before. Also he still had his mom and dad he seemed like a pro at grief.

He seemed so calm and collected but deep down inside he felt so bad for you. He couldn't imagine what it would feel like to lose someone like your parents. He didn't know how you handled not being able to be their for their burial. He tried so hard to keep you happy and take care of you but he really didn't know what he was doing.

"I'm glad you can talk to me. I'm trying really hard but I haven't ever really lost someone."

"Well your doing a great job George. Now I should probably shower because I've been laying in bed for days."

So you went off to shower. While you were showering George decided he was going to get in cleaning mode. He decided today was the day he would clean your home. No matter how much he hated it he wanted to do it. For you.

———
You had gotten out of the shower and went straight for the bedroom to put on some fresh clothes.

"Hey I'm going to go make a cup of hot chocolate." You said and he nodded excitedly.

Luckily he had decided to clean the kitchen first so you would be able to see it now.

"Oh my goodness George. I don't remember the kitchen ever being this clean." You said looking back at him.

"Well I like to think I'm a pretty good cleaner. I may not show it but I can really make things shine."

"It's so nice in here but you didn't have to do it."

"Yes I did."

"No you didn't."  You shot back at him.

"Ok I didn't. But I wanted too."

"Alright fine. Would you like me to make you a cup of hot chocolate as well as reward for your efforts."

"Well of course. Who would shoot that offer down."

"I don't know. Especially MY hot chocolate." You added.

"Y/n. My love you use the packets of powder." He said softly but jokingly.

"Well I could make it from scratch if I tried."

"Alright do it."

"Oh its on. I'm making it tomorrow."