What is wrong with you?

You took Ginny's word to heart and decided to try and not be so distant from George. That didn't stop you from wanting to know why he was asking all these girls how they were asked to the ball. What could he possibly need all that information for. It's not like Ginny was about to tell you.

It was now George's turn to worry about you. You had spent a good week worrying about him as he spaced out and wasn't himself. Now he wouldn't leave you alone. He was constantly asking you if you were fine. You still didn't say much to him but that you were fine.

You tried so hard not to be mad at him. You would look at his sad eyes when you ignored him and it hurt your heart. You tried to talk to him but you just look at him and see him talking to that girl. Even though Ginny told you he didn't ask her. You just felt like something was up.

It was later in the day when you were walking through the halls you felt a hand wrap around you forearm and pull you into a room. You tried to scream but a hand covered your mouth. You slapped the hands away and turned to look at the person who just attacked you.

"What the hell is wrong with you y/n. You haven't been acting normal recently." It was George.

"I could've said the same for you last week." You looked down at your feet and began to cry. You did not want to be having this conversation.

"Enough about me. You won't even talk to me anymore... did I do something?"

When you didn't respond he stepped closer and wrapped his arms around you in a hug. But you pushed him away even though you didn't want to.

"Merlin y/n i'm just trying to comfort you. What is up with you?"

"You shouldn't be hugging me. I wouldn't want to make your date jealous George. I would feel terrible."

"My date. What are you talking about y/n have you gone mad."

"Yule ball." Is all you say as you hurriedly walk out of the room and to your next class. Leaving George alone in the doorway with only his thoughts.

You felt as if you wanted to cry but at this point you didn't have any more tears to cry over him with.

Classes went by and the lunch bell rang. You got up from your seat in the class and began slowly walking to the cafeteria to give you time to think. What was your plan? You couldn't just sit next to George after all that had just gone down.

You sat next to Hermione and her being her, she noticed something was up.

"Y/n spill it"

"George confronted me"

"What could he possibly want to know from you?"

"He wouldn't stop badgering me about what was wrong with me. I started to cry and he hugged me but I pushed him away. I told him we wouldn't want his date to see us and get jealous or I would feel terrible."

"Y/n... Ginny didn't tell you that he didn't ask her out he was just asking her how she was asked?"

"Shut it Ron. For all I know you're covering for your brother. I just feel like something is up. Why in the world would he need that information." You tried not to yell and barely succeeded.

You threw your food away and you walked away as fast as you could.

"Ron!" Hermione said giving him a slap on the arm "what is going on with George that no one will tell her."

"Fine. I'll tell you. But you can't tell anyone. He said if I tell anyone he will put puking pastilles into my food." He shuddered

Back in the hall you ran to the girls Gryffindor dorm. Only once you had gotten safely out of sight of the cafeteria had you started running. You just sat on the bed and cried. Your stupid newfound feelings for George had just ruined everything. He was the best friend you had. Sure you had Ron and Harry as well as Hermione. But they weren't as good as George. George made you feel like you were the only 2 people in the world.