Dying Ducks

"My family thinks my brother is going to be coming home soon." George said as he sweeper the dirty floor of the shop.

"Why's that?" You asked as you were wiping down the counters.

"Well they think the war is going to start soon. Harry would have to come back to battle he who must not be named at some point. Therefore my brother would come back."

"That's great. Are you glad?" You asked looking up to him.

"I'm glad but I'm scared. He's been gone for a long time what if he's hurt. What if he's changed like mentally. Who knows what horcrux hunting can do to a person."

"I get that, we just have to have hope."

"Yea we do."

You put down your rag and walked over to George putting your arms around his neck.

"I promise you. No matter what it's all going to be ok. Even if Ron is somehow changed it's still going to be ok."

"I know thank-" he faltered looking at your hand. "Where's your ring? Do you not like it?" He said sadly.

"George. No! I promise you I love it more than anything which is why I took it off before I started cleaning so it wouldn't get ruined with any chemicals. It's upstairs on the nightstand. Stop being so self conscious it's going to be ok."

"I'm sorry."

"It's ok George. I know you've never really done the marriage thing before and it can all be a little nerve wracking. I haven't done it either I'm just had self conscious but it's all going to be ok in the end."'you said pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Marriage is weird."

"It really is." You laughed and he smiled at you.

"Merlin I love your laugh."

"Dude I sound like a dying duck." You laughed

"Nope. You sound like a uh" he stopped to think "a gorgeous butterfly flapping its wings as it floats threw the air."

"That doesn't even sound like anything." You smiled.

"Ok fine but you sound nothing like a dying duck. what even really is a duck."

"Oh my goodness! You've never seen a duck?" You asked.

"No should I have?"

You took his hand and apparated. The two of you arrived at a duck pond you used to go to when you were a kid. You would feed them bread while your parents fished.

"This here my dear George is a duck." You said pointing to a duck.

"They are pretty cute. But what is that thing?" He asked pointing over to a rather ugly goose.

"That is a goose. I don't like geese. Never really have they give me the creeps."

"Oh no don't worry darling I'll protect you from the geese." He laughed.

"Hey I'm not joking they bite george. They come write up to you and then chomp. Half your finger gone right there."

"Yea ok love."

You pulled out your wand and checked if anybody was around. Thankfully the duck pond was very empty.

"Accio bread."

You took a piece of bread from the loaf that had just appeared and gave it to George. He took it and then you took your piece.

"What are we supposed to do with bread. Eat it?"

"No watch."

You tore of a small piece of bread and threw it into the water that was crowded with ducks.

"Just makes sure to tear small pieces off we don't want to choke them."

"Alright." He said tearing off a small piece of his bread and throwing it to the ducks to which they once again fought over it. "It's like the battle of the ducks."

The two of you stood there feeding the ducks for a bit longer before returning back home.

"That was fun wasn't it."

"Very. And now I know what 1. A duck looks like 2. What they sound like. Now i can guess what they sound like dying and I concur you don't sound like one."

"Well thank you George. Is that what you were thinking about the whole time we were feeding the ducks."

"Yea." He laughed.

"George you were feeding ducks imagining what they would sound like dying. That is some messed up shit." You laughed at him.

"I'm only human." He shrugged jokingly.

"Fred get down here!" You yelled up the stairs where Fred was sure to be working.

"What did someone die?"

"No your brother." You started but couldn't finish before you started laughing. "I took him to see ducks because he's never seen one and the entire time he was thinking about what they would sound like dying."

"What the hell George? Why?" He laughed giving George a most perplexed look.

"Well y/n told me that she sounded like a dying duck when she laughed so I was thinking about what they might sound like. My conclusion was she doesn't sound like one."

"Yea alright." Fred laughed.

———
Later that knight you and George were hanging out in his small living space while Fred was out. He was probably on a date or something but you and George could care less.

"Hey I was thinking..." you started.

"Yea what about?"

"How would you feel about having your family over for dinner. I figured we don't know how much longer until the war gets really bad we might as well hang out as a family while we still can."

"Sounds great when should we do that?" He asked

"I was thinking maybe tomorrow?"'

"Tomorrow it is." He smiled at you.

A/N:READ THIS! Alright now that I have your attention. 1. This duck themed chapter wasn't even planned out. It just randomly came into my head so here it is. 2. I was thinking maybe some of that smut everyone wants next chapter. Pretty much all the votes said yes do it. I will warn you I have never written smut so it will probably be terrible 😂. However I know that people don't like the creepy synonyms that some people use in their smut so I will be trying not to use those. Peace out.