XXIV. SLUG CLUB CHRISTMAS PARTY

SLUG CLUB CHRISTMAS PARTY!

DECEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

Holland stood on her tiptoes, stretching up to put the Potions book she was reading back onto the shelf of the library. Letting out a frustrated groan, the short girl pulled out a chair from under one of the desks, before standing on the piece of furniture, successfully placing the book back on the shelf, smiling triumphantly once she did.

"You know they can put themselves back." An amused voice chuckled, making Holland turn around on the chair.

"I know, but this way's more fun," The Irish girl grinned, making Margaret laugh, "And besides, it's nice to be taller than you for the first time in my life," Holland chuckled, hopping down from the chair, "Or anyone for that matter. What's up?"

Margaret smiled softly at the Slytherin, "Jack and Ellie told me about how you helped him the other day," The Hufflepuff, "And I just wanted to say thank you."

Holland smiled, "You don't have to thank me," The girl shook her head, "I just couldn't stand there and let them do that. Whether I knew he was your brother or not."

"Well thank you anyway," Margaret told her, "I'll see you at Slughorn's party tonight?"

"See you at Slughorn's party." Holland nodded, the pair sharing one last grin, before going their separate ways.

***

"Okay, now can I say 'look at you'?" Bronwyn smirked, looking her friend up and down as she was doing her finishing touches of her makeup in her, Maxine and Bronwyn's dorm.

"Shut up." Holland mumbled with a laugh, looking down at her mauve dress that had once belonged to her Grandma Delphina. She had always remembered seeing pictures of her Grandmother wearing it and Holland longed to look as pulchritudinous in a number like that for as long as she had remembered. So, when her Grandmother had given it to the girl for her fifteenth birthday, she was ecstatic.

"No, she's right, Holland." Maxine shook her head from where she was perched on her bed, "You look bloody beautiful. as do you, Bron."

"Thanks." Holland smiled.

Bronwyn blushed, "Thanks, Max."

"You ready to go then?" Holland asked her friend, "Reggie's gonna meet us there."

"Yeah." Bronwyn nodded.

"Great, bye Max."

"Bye Max."

"Have fun."

***

"I'm really proud of you." Holland told Bronwyn as the pair walked through the corridors, making their way to the party.