XXVI. A DAY OF WISE WORDS

A DAY OF WISE WORDS!

DECEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

"So, how long have you two been dating?" Margaret asked Holland later that night, as the pair sat in the kitchens.

"One month, two weeks and a day," Holland answered, playing with her chocolate cake with her fork, the treat only reminding her of her boyfriend, "A month and five days officially."

"Wow," The Hufflepuff muttered, finishing her slice pumpkin pie, "And you've kept it a secret for that long?"

Holland gave her friend a solemn nod, "We kind of have to."

"Right, no, yeah, of course," Margaret realised, before letting out a small chuckle, "You guys are kind of like Romeo and Juliet."

The Slytherin smiled slightly, "Yeah, that much we figured out for ourselves." She said, making the friends giggle slightly.

"Are you happy?" Margaret asked her, "With Remus?" She clarified.

Holland gave the girl a soft smile, before nodding, "Yeah. Yeah, I am."

"And after what you've seen tonight?" Margaret questioned, carefully.

"My feelings for him haven't changed," Holland told her, both of the girls smiling, "It's just, he lied to me. For so long."

"It is understandable why he didn't tell you though." The blonde said.

"No, that I completely understand," The Irish girl shook her head, "It's just," She let out a sigh, "We had this whole conversation, where I told him that I don't, in any way, see werewolves as monsters."

"Maybe he was just scared," Margaret offered with a shrug, "Or, maybe he thought you'd think differently of him."

"He told me he loved me," The dark-haired girl muttered, "Yet it feels like he doesn't trust me."

Margaret licked her lips, "Well, from what I know about Remus, he does," The younger girl said, "Give him some time, or maybe tell him that you know. But whatever you do, he will still love and trust you with his whole heart."

Holland looked up at her friend, "You really think so?"

Margaret nodded, "I can guarantee it."

***

James Potter was on a mission.

The boy was racing through the halls, on the hunt for a particular redhead, smiling when he found him talking to a particular Hufflepuff.

"Evans!" James called out to the girl - who let out a groan as she saw who was approaching her.

"What do you want, Toerag?" Lily sighed.

"Can I talk to you?" James asked her, glancing at Margaret, "Alone."

"I'll see you in Potions." Margaret told her friend, before walking away.

"Well?" Lily questioned the boy.

"Did you know that Lux and Remus are dating?" He asked her.

Lily stared at him, "W-What?"

"Lux and Remus," James repeated, "They're dating."

Lily still stared at the Seeker, "Remus Lupin and Holland Lux?" She clarified.

"Dating." James nodded.

"H-" The redhead stammered, "H-H-How do you know this?"

"I saw Remus slip out of Slughorn's Christmas party, so I followed him and found the pair. Kissing." James explained.

"Oh, wow," Lily muttered, before licking her lips, "Well, to answer your question. No, I didn't... What are you gonna do?"

"Well," James sighed, running a hand through his hair, "Remus seems happier lately, and I have a feeling that has something to do with Lux," The boy admitted, adjusting the glasses on his face, "But, I can't help but feel like she may be using him, or something. And, I've talked to her before because we're both Quidditch Captains and she seems nice enough, but, I mean, her family's full of Death Eaters, and I know she's different, but she's best friends with Sirius' brother, and I can't help but think the worst."

"Okay, um," Lily thought for a moment, "Remus is smart. He knows what he's doing. And I don't know Holland, but from what I've heard, she's not like other Slytherins. Give her a chance."

James smiled and nodded, "Yeah, you're right. Thanks."

"No problem," Lily gave him a small smile, starting to walk away, before she turned around, "Oh, and by the way, I think it's nice that you're looking out for your friend." She told him, before making her way to Potions.

***

"A werewolf?" Helena questioned, as Holland stood in front of her, leaning against the wall, once again skipping the feast.

"Well, unless the dog like, howling creature I witnessed my boyfriend turn into has been renamed the fire fairy, then yes a werewolf." The Slytherin nodded.

"Holland." The ghost warned her.

"Sorry." Holland sheepishly muttered.

"And how do you feel about this?" Helena asked.

"Well, my feelings for him haven't changed," The student said, crossing her arms, making her friend smile slightly, "I'm just upset that after everything that we've been through and everything that we've shared and talked about, that he'd trust me enough to tell me." Holland told her, starting to tear up slightly.

"Maybe he was going to tell you, but just didn't know when to," The Grey Lady shrugged, "Considering how much I can tell he loves you, he was scared that you would leave him. It's like you said, werewolves are exiled and made to believe that they're monsters. And no matter how many people try to convince them otherwise, the fear of being left will still remain very much present."

Holland gave Helena a small smile, nodding as she wiped a tear from her eye, "You're right, Helena. Thank you."

The woman gave the girl a smile, "Of course. I'm always here for you, Holland." She said, before floating away, leaving the Slytherin to think about situation that she was in.