Chapter 60: Bitch (Rian's POV)

I pulled up to the large "U" that surrounded the front of the school for pick up and drop off of students. I hadn't texted Kara or anything, I was sort of hoping that my showing up would be a surprise. I had only talked to her on the phone Saturday night, getting home way to late Monday night to call her and ask if school was okay or not.

        I knew that since Brenda was home until the weekend that she would be picking Kara up. So I had stopped by their house, telling her that it wouldn't be necessary. She gave me a smallsmile before nodding an thanking me. And now here I was, getting out of my parked car and leaning against the hood. I could faintly hear the final bell ring from inside the school, and only moments later did kids file out and towards their cars and parents.

        I stuffed my hands in the front pockets of my coat. It was absolutely freezing out, so cold that I'm pretty sure if I sat out here for a long time, I would have been stiff. But after only a few seconds of waiting, Kara was walking out the door by herself, shoulders hanging and eyes averted to the ground.

        She still took my damn breath away, and it was something that never really happened. She strode to the sidewalk, most likely looking for her sister's car and finding none. It was only a few seconds of her eyes searching that they landed on me, stunned at the sight, like she forgot that I was coming home today.

        She closed the gap between us with long, quick strides, face getting closer and clser to mine with each step. I could feel the goofy grin spread across my lips, noticing the expresion on her face. She looked sick almost, like someone had sucked all the life from her. Her skin was pale, lips chapped. It looked like she had been sent to hell and was brought back right in front of me.

        My smile fell while her fingers wrapped around my middle, hugging me closely. I hugged over her shoulders, feeling her chest heave quietly against me. I clutched my fingers around her, knowing who had done this to her. My anger boiled in my veins, and I gritted my teeth across the top of her hair. I missed the way she smelled.

        I pulled away from her, thumbs caressing her cheeks in an attempt to stop the tears from falling. I noticed the way that the kids stared while walking by. It wasn't the same way that it was last week, something happened since then, Veronica did something.

        "What happened?" I murmured, just wanting her to stop crying. I didn't like the way her makeup stained her skin, how red they were. She looked at me miserably, biting her lower lip with full force.

        "Please don't leave me alone in school ever again," she whispered, her voice hoarse, begging me. I hushed her by leaning forward and pressing my mouth to hers.

        She kissed by tiredly, exhausted by the school days that she has had to endure without anyone else around. What else would happen if the guys and I happened to go away for bigger business? What if she was left alone for an entire week? She couldn't do it, because she still thought that Veronica was right, she didn't deserve anything. She didn't believe in anything because of that stupid bitch.

        I left myself calling her a bitch so much lately; maybe it was because it was the only real word to describe her at all. That's all she was and ever will be; a bitch.

        I moved my face from hers, licking my lips before kissing her once again. I felt so fucking bad; it was my entire fucking fault too. If she didn't choose me, she would have been completely fine these past few days. She wouldn't have suffered in school without me, she would have been completely fine.

        When breaking for air once again, I noticed a bright pink sweat suit pass behind Kara a few hundred feet away. She glanced in our direction, rolling her eyes with a loud, fake laugh before continuing her way to her expensive car. My eyes fell on Kara's brown ones once again, heart wrenching at the look behind her irises.

        She shouldn't suffer because of that bitch.

        "Sit in the car, I'll be right back," I whispered against her mouth. She didn't seem to comprehend or understand what I was doing because she nodded, ducking under my arm and opening my passenger door. She settled in the seat while I took off towards the student parking lot.

        I moved quickly, bobbing between different students before breaking into a light jog. It wasn't hard to find her stupid silver convertile, the way she spoke to her followers with that fucking annoying cackle of a laugh as she hit her unlock button from only thirty feet away. I clenched my fists, glaring at her back as she neared her driver's door.

        My brisk walk made it easy to catch up, hand smacking the glass window while she tried to tug open the handle. She jumped, but a satisfied smile was on her face when she saw who I was. Her fingers lingered on the handle before pulling away, placing her hands on her hips with attitude.

        I hadn't wanted to punch a girl before this moment.

        "That slut not satisfying enought for you yet?" She leaned her back against the car casually. I couldn't stop the way my fists clenched in response. It was almost funny, that she thinks after everything she was doing to Kara, all of the shit that I didn't stand up for, that I would want her after all that, that I would ever want a stupid bitch like her.

        "I don't know what the fuck you did to Kara today, but the shit better stop Veronica," I growled lowly, realizing that her little posse was standing off at another one's car, waiting to jump in for the attack.

        "Just because your girlfriend doesn't have the spine to stnad up for herself doesn't mean anything." She really was happy that she broke her best friend down, the one that never turned against her. "She's a bitch if she thinks that what I said today was bad. Wait until tomorrow."

        I saw the way her eyes turned up at the thought. I couldn't begin to imagine the things she said to Kara, the way she probably tore her apart. She didn't deserve that, she didn't deserve any of this.

        "Why are you doing this to her? What else has she done for you to be such a fucking bitch?" I asked through my teeth, unable to come up with any remark. I was just so angry, so fucking mad.

        "What's so great about her anyway? I mean, if you wouldn't sleep with me, why the hell would you go after someone as ugly and useless as her?" She shot back, raising her eyebrows like she was challenging me. I cracked my knuckles at my sides furiously.

        "Because she isn't a heartless bitch like you," I snapped, voice getting louder. "I don't give a shit why you're doing this, but if you don't stop, I promise I'll find someone to take care of you."

        "Is that a threat, Dawson?" She snarled, teeth skimming her lower lip.

        "You think you're fucking queen of the world, Veronica," I ignored her question, breathing heavily. My heartbeat was erratic. All I could see was red. "Just because you think you're fucking ten feet tall and talk all this shit doesn't mean you can be the universes biggest bitch to my girlfriend. If you don't remember, she was your best friend -- your best fucking friend! SHe is crying in my car because.."

        "Because of what she did to herself! If she wasn't such a pathetic piece of shit, she would have listened to me when I said not to talk to you!" She cut me off, but now I was murderous, I could barely think.

        "You don't control people, Veronica! Just because, for once in your life, someone told you no does not mean you can talk shit about her! Just because you didn't get what you wanted doesn't mean you can talk down to her or tell her she can't see someone! She can see whomever she damn well pleases and there's nothing you can do about it!"

        "Watch me," She hissed under her breath, cheeks red in embarrassment. I was calling her out in front of all the students in the parking lot. I was drawing a crowd, exposing her for who she really was.

        "You're a snake, you're a liar, you're a bitch, adn your'e a whore. Quit walking around like you're some kind of fucking saint, because I will call you out. Your best friend got me, and you didn't. Grow the fuck up, Veronica, because you will never make it out of high school with dignity if you don't."

        I had never been so frustrate before, storming off towards my car and leaving her there with lingering eyes. It was only a minute before I was getting in the front seat of my car, slamming the door and speeding off as far away from that bitch as possible.