Chapter 61: Way Better

I jumped, startled at the noise that was at my door. I rubbed my eyes tiredly, waking from a sleepless dream because of the brown haired boy entering my room. The white lights that hung around my window were suddenly blinding me. I sucked in a breath unthinkingly, opening my eyes widely at the noise.

        I had gone home and laid in bed, falling asleep almost instantly. I just couldn't deal with thinking at the moment, even if Rian and the guys were home.

        "Hey sleepyhead," he said with a chuckle, shutting the door behind himself. My mom must have let him in. I glanced towards my table and the clock which read 4:57 PM across the screen. I sighed, setting my arm across my eyelids.

        There was barely any movement to my side, and I peeked out from under my hand to see Rian sitting in my computer chair at the end of my bed. He was spinning in circles, right leg moving constantly. It was something that I realized that he always did, a quirk to him. It drove the guys absolutely insane, but it made me feel so much better about being with him, like he was more human.

        "What are you doing?" I murmured softly, tilting my head to the side wide sliding up, leaning my back against my headboard. He shrugged, playing with a pen that I had on my desk.

        "Waiting for you to get your lazy butt up so we can go out somewhere," he smiled over at me, enough to take my breath away. But it didn't stop the memories of that day from creeping into my mind.

       I bit the inside of my lip, shrugging back at him while curling my knees to my chest. Everything hurt to think about, I was trying so hard to forget about everything Veronica said to me, but it was hard to ignore something that so many people thought. It's one of those things that you start to believe when you hear it enough times, and I already heard more than I needed to.

        "I'm not going to be much fun," I sighed, resting my chin on the top of my knees. He smiled weakly at me, tossing the pen in his hand and pretended to drum against the side of the chair. He stood, imagining the drum set moving with him as he walked over to me slowly.

        "You're always fun," he tried to offer. I rolled my eyes at him, licking my lips once.

        "I'm about as much fun as watching grass grow..in the middle of winter," I gave the lame analogy with a sour expression.

        I glanced up at him, wishing he would get closer and make a move already. I couldn't tell you how badly I wanted to kiss him, how much I missed my best friend when he was gone. It was pathetic, honestly. But I couldn't help it. I gave up everything when Rian came along, he meant a lot more to me than I think he realized.

        His smile grew, warm and inviting as he sauntered over, sitting on the edge of my bed near my body. HIs fingers brushed my calf closest to him lightly, resting his hand on my jeans. I leaned my cheek against my knee to point my face towards his. His eyes scanned my exhausted expression, biting the inside of his mouth. I knew he was completely telling me that I looked like crap, I could tell.

        HIs free hand moved to the side of my cheeks, touching them so softly that I barely felt them graze my skin. I let out a deep breath, feeling better with him here. Everything was so much better with him.

        "I missed you this weekend you know," he said with a small smile, tugging at my legs, pulling them towards his body.

        I couldn't stop the stupid grin on my mouth at his words, feet moving to hang off the side of my bed. He leaned over my body, hands moving to the sides of my head to suspend himself above me when his mouth finally touched mine, and my pain dissolved into the air around me.

        Rian was never rough. He was never aggressive. His lips were always soft and light. It was so different then kissing any of the guys in my school. Usually, they throw themselves at me, trying their hardest to find a way to put their tongue down my throat. But with Rian, it was never that way. He was just...caring. I guess I would be the only way to really put it.

        He pulled away, and I pouted, eyes opening to meet his big brown irises. He was looking at me, a thought hidden behind his gaze. I reached forward, fingernails tracing the shape of his strong jaw.

        "What?" I said in a whisper, smiling up at him as I reached the tip of his chin. Instead of answering right away, he leaned forward in an instant, pressing his hips to mine once again. I laughed shortly, hands moving around his neck, wrists twisting together on the other side of his head.

        It was moments like this that would never make me regret what I did a few weeks ago. He was so much better.

        His mouth separated from my lips once again, small kisses moving to my chin adn down the side of my jaw lightly. I shivered at his touch, nails running through his hair and eyes closing securely.

        "You're not useless Kara," he murmured against the goose bumps on my throat. I ignored his comment, too focused on my breathing and how much his mouth burned against my skin. He continued to speak anyway, face moving from my skin to look me in my eyes. "I mean it, you're better than all of those girls."

        I let out a breath, finally meeting his stare, eyes serious. I nodded, not wanting to really talk about it. I just wanted to forget the last few weeks, and just move on. I wanted to get up and forget about everything that happened. I didn't want to think about any of it.

        "Can you stop just nodding in fake agreement and listen to me?" He laughed softly, lifting my hand from the bed and holding it to the side of his face. My palm pressed to his warm cheeks, liking the feeling of his scuff against my skin.

        "I am listening," I smiled, thumb moving against his face.

        "No, I mean, really listen," he grinned, looking back into my eyes. He meant it, he really believed that deep down, I was better than all of those girls. "You're not a bitch, you're not pathetic, you're not a slut, and you're not a bad person."

        I noticed the way he was searching my eyes, voice firm when he spoke. He wanted me to get it. He wanted me to kow that he thought I was worth it. And that seemed like enough to me. As long as Rian was around, it seemed almost perfect.

        I nodded with a small whisper, meeting his eyes. I knew in that moment I was right, he was way better than those girls.

         "Okay."