zhongli ❧ rent free

"this boy lives in my mind rent free and
doesnt even know what rent is"

"this boy lives in my mind rent free and doesnt even know what rent is"

zhongli x reader
fluff you're zhongli's glucose guardian

.

"Zhongliii~"

The Geo Archon sighed, his amber eyes glancing up to see you rushing in with a wide smile on your lips. This has been your seventh visit since the day started.

"Yes, (y/n)?" You chuckled softly, pulling out a chair and sat beside him. You placed your chin in the palm of your hand as you smirked slyly at him. "Are you busy the rest of today~?"

He raised an eyebrow at you, "I have a meeting in about three hour." You grinned at this news before leaning back in your chair. "Perfect, you're coming with me to the market then."

Zhongli raised an eyebrow at you, "why?" He questioned before you huffed lightly. "You're not busy and I wanna get some shopping done." You stood up, grabbing his hand and helping him up. a smile on your lips, "c'mon!"

He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before reluctantly agreeing to follow you to the Liyue Harbor market. There he accompanied you around the place. He watched you marvel at the endless amount of jewels and precious stones on display.

"What do you think of this?" You turned around with a jade hair clip in your hair. Zhongli lifted an eyebrow at you, "it looks nice."

You pouted before turning around and looked at the selection of jade jewelry. One caught your eye so you picked it up and turned around, pinning the jade pendant on Zhongli's jacket.

"Look! We're matching~" You smiled and turned to the merchant. "We're taking these." You tossed a bag of Mora to the merchant who caught it— peeking inside and immediately told you it was too much.

You rolled your eyes, "think of the extra mora as a tip." You dragged Zhongli away before the merchant could protest anymore. Zhongli shot you a confused look before pointing at the jade pendant on his jacket. "How much was this?"

You pressed your index finger against your lips, "Ah— about ten million Mora?" His eyes slightly widened at the number. "Isn't that a lot?"

Oh right— he has no concept of money.

You shrugged, "it's fine! You look good with it." You winked at him, hoping to see a tinge of pink on his cheeks but no such luck.

"Do you think so...?" He softly asked, his slender fingers reached for the pendant and glanced at it. You rolled your eyes at him, "Zhongli, you look good with anything on."

This time— he blushed. It was subtle but it was a win nonetheless.

"Gods— you're so fucking cute," you swore as you examined his attractive ass features. Zhongli glanced up before coughing into his fist out of slight embarrassment. "Please don't say that, (y/n)..."

You rolled your eyes at him before folding your arms across your chest, lifting an eyebrow at him. "You are cute though Zhongli— It's actually unfair. You practically live in my mind rent free and you don't even know what goddamn rent is."

Zhongli raised an eyebrow at your analogy. "Rent... free...? Live... in... your... mind?" You wanted to facepalm. "It's an expression— like you're so goddamn attractive— you're always on my mind."

It took him a second to process exactly what you were saying before you decided to say it right then and there. "Goddamn it Zhongli— I'm saying that you're cute and I'm in love with you!"

His lips formed an 'o' upon realization- now a very clear crimson was scattering across his face.

"Y-You like me?" he stammered, turning a shade of bright red.

You huffed, "yes I like you— why the hell wouldnt I? You're attractive, smart, and stupidly adorable."

"I'm practically your glucose guardian— I pay for everything and take you on dates." You continued before he raised an eyebrow at your choice of words— glucose guardian?

Zhongli softly chuckled, "I appreciate it." You rolled your eyes, "yeah whatever. So like— are you interested?"

He shot you another confused expression, "Interested...?" You groaned. He was as dense as a goddamn brick. "Do you wanna be my boyfriend?" You spelled it out for him before he blushed, glancing away. "I suppose..."

You chuckled and grabbed his hand and dragged him through Liyue Harbor. "Starting today you're going to start treating me to dinner then! To pay for the jade pin!"