xiao ❧ helpless

"oh but you'll come save me again right?"

xiao x readerfluff ❧ you need help and xiao (begrudgingly) helps you

xiao x reader
fluff you need help and xiao
(begrudgingly) helps you

(slight continuation of almond tofu)

.

"How many times must you summon me for trivial matters?"

You winced at his sharp tone, he shook his head at you with a disappointed look in his eyes. Xiao looked at you with a clear frown on his face.

"Sorry, sorry geez— I called you here because I needed help." The Conqueror of Demons raised an eyebrow at you. "Whatt in the name of Rex Lapis do you need help with now?"

You pointed at the actually frightening number of slimes that had gathered at the beach of Luhua Pool. "Please kill them for me!"

Xiao never wanted to kill a mortal this badly in his life (lovingly of course). He stared at you, dumbfounded. "You want me, the Conqueror of Demons, to kill some slimes?"

You nodded, folding your arms across your chest. "As a matter of fact, yes. I want you to kill those slimes."

This is precisely why he should have never given you that crystal to summon him.

"I cannot believe you summoned me to kill some slimes."

You winced again, covering your ears as he hollered in annoyance. The poor slimes were probably scared too judging by their looks.

"I'm sorry Xiao, but I'm kinda in a hurry so if you can help out, that'd be great." You noticed him sigh before pointing his polearm at the group of slimes and sent a blast of anemo which shot the poor things into the air and away they went.

"Do you need anything else?" He asked with a bit of annoyance in his voice. You tapped your chin, thinking before an idea popped into your head. You grinned at him and grabbed his arm, dragging him along.

The Yaksha started to protest, shouting for you to release him and release him. His amber eyes landed on you with confusion on his face.

"What in the world are you doing?" You shrugged in response. "Taking you with me. That way, you'll be able to protect me at all times!"

He looked at you, bewildered. "You're not against it are you...?" you asked quietly, glancing at him.

Xiao sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "I cannot believe you're dragging me into this mess."

You rolled your eyes at him before grabbing the Yaksha's hand and dragged him along the path.

.

It was nearly sunset when you finally arrived back at Wangshu Inn and along the way; you fought dozens upon dozens of slimes, way too many Abyss Mages for your liking and one too many ruin guards.

Though with Xiao by your side, he easily defeated them (and may have sliced a mountain in half but let's forget about that).

"F-Finally... We're home..." You sighed, exhausted from today's ventures to finish up some stupid guy's commissions.

Xiao noticed your visible exhaustion and picked you up which elicited a yelp as he slid his arms under your legs and supported your body weight. He held you bridal style, causing pink to flush across your face.

"A-Ah... Um... Thank you Xiao..." You thanked him and he merely hummed in response as he carried you towards the rented out room of the inn.

There, he settled you on the bed and started to turn away, presumably to leave but you grabbed his wrist before he could.

"Stay... please," Xiao's eyes widened and reluctantly decided to listen, sitting beside you on a stool. You laughed quietly, pulling the blankets close to your face.

"What is it? Do you need anything else?" He asked, eyeing you carefully. You shook your head in response.

"I just want you to stay a bit longer... I like being with you." Crimson spread across Xiao's usually composed face as he coughed awkwardly into his hand to break eye contact with you.

"Don't say ridiculous things like that," you chuckled. "But I'm being serious. I like being around you."

His eyes softened a bit, people weren't supposed to like him. He has killed thousands with his hands, the blood of many stained them.

"You're tired. rest." He stood up, ready to leave but you called for him again which caused his body to freeze.

"Can you stay until I fall asleep?" It was a simple request so he decided to stay a bit longer, caressing your hand as you told him all of the adventures you've been on.

"There was once when I was cornered by some treasure hoarders and then you came to save me like always." Xiao snorted, rolling his eyes at you. "You're foolish for thinking they actually were going to lead you to something."

You laughed, "yeah, I guess I am pretty dumb... But that's why you're here." He glanced at you, lifting an eyebrow.

"I'm not your resident Guardian Yaksha or something."

A laughter escaped your lips, "oh but you'll come save me again if I ever get into trouble, right?"

Xiao sighed, despite him being cold and distant towards humanity. He has found something about you that was so endearing.

"Enough for the stories, time to sleep." You smiled softly at him, closing your eyes before you uttered something to him quietly.

"Hey Xiao...?"

"Hm?"

"I love you..." His heart thumped. Thank the gods your eyes were shut or else you would've seen poor Xiao's flustered expression.

"... I love you too, now go to sleep..." He hushed you, urging you to rest.

"Hehe you said it..." You giggled quietly, watching as his face darkened.

"Shut up."