venti ❧ come fly with me

"let's fly away"

venti x reader bittersweet angst ❧ in which venti makes your wish come true for the thousandth time

venti x reader
bittersweet angst in which venti makes your wish come true for the thousandth time

.

"Can you really do it?!"

You beamed at the bard, smiling brightly at his words. Venti laughed, nodding. "Though you can't tell anyone! It's a secret, okay?" You smiled, nodding eagerly. Venti shot you a smile before taking your hand into his and sneakily taking you from the City of Mondstadt towards Windrise.

There, the two of you made it to the statue beneath the large tree. It was already quite dark out but the moonlight provided enough light to see Venti holding your hand tightly in his. He whispered for you to close your eyes and you did, feeling the warm Mondstadt breeze against your skin. Suddenly, the weight of your feet was gone. The solid ground beneath disappeared and you opened your eyes to see Venti holding both of your hands as the two of you danced in the sky.

"W-What?! H-How?!" You wobbled a bit, not used to the Anemo carrying your weight through the air like a leaf. Venti laughed as you tried to flail your way around the air. "It's okay (y/n). I won't let go I promise." You glanced at the smiling bard and looked at the ground beneath you.

"H-How are you doing this?" You questioned him, another strong breeze drifted the two of you around. It was like gliding but obviously there was no glider and the two of you floated as you pleased.

Venti chuckled, "it's a secret remember? I can't tell you~" You pouted at this and sighed. There were just some things you will never find out.

Venti then suggested that the two of you fly over the City of Freedom together and although you were worried about — uh— you know, crashing into one of the roofs or someone but Venti promised that would never happen.

He guided you over, never letting go of you once as the wind carried the two of you towards Mondstadt. The wandering folks of Mondstadt were mainly drunks who were disturbing the knights on patrol so the two of you glided through the sky above Mondstadt with ease.

You cracked a smile as the warm air gently brushed against your skin, the wind rippling through you. You turned and flipped, happily floating and flying in the sky. Venti watched, smiling at you. "Seriously Venti— How does this work?" You questioned, raising an eyebrow at him as you floated over.

"Oh you know— bits of anemo dust," you raised an eyebrow at him. "Anemo... What?" Venti chuckled, "just enjoy this as is!" He said, floating towards you. He captured your hand in his, a small smile on his lips. "(y/n), thank you for accepting me."

You glanced at him, confused. "Is there something wrong, Venti?" Venti shook his head sadly, "aha— never mind."

He could never fully tell you his whole story. He wouldn't want to string you into his mess of an immortal life. He knew there was no point in telling you these things because one day, you will pass and he will learn to move on. This wasn't the first time.

He has done this a thousand times over, meeting you over and over again. Fate forces the two of you to meet again and again. Every time he meets you, he feels the same thing each time.

Venti loves you; every form of you. He has met you thousands of times over and he holds the same endearing love for you.

"Venti...?"

Venti snapped out of his deep thoughts, his soft eyes glanced over at you. You immediately noticed his glassy orbs. Tears rolled down his face like a waterfall. You quickly embraced him, pulling him tight for a hug. "What's wrong?" You asked him quietly, the two of you drifted to one of the roofs.

The bard wiped his tears away, shaking his head and gave you a small reassuring smile. "It's nothing (y/n), sorry to worry you." You frowned at this, "Venti... You were crying—" He chuckled lightly. "It's just dust— that's all."

You weren't convinced so you pulled him closer to you. Venti froze, confused. "(y-y/n)...?"

You nuzzled into his neck, "I don't know what's going on but— if there is something wrong, Venti... You can always come to me." Venti smiled gently, nodding.

You will always be there for him. Another hundred years go by and he will meet you over and over again. He watches you grow, meets you again and stays with you until your last breath. It has been the same for years and years.

And you keep asking him for the same thing each time. Asking for him to teach you how to fly and he does.

Venti is willing to spend all of eternity with you, watching you grow and die in his arms. It's all the same.