j. gunnhilder ❧ overworked

"take a break"

jean gunnhilder x reader fluff ❧ jean's overworking herself and you comfort her

fluff jean's overworking herself and you comfort her

(also yes that is a hamilton reference for
you theater kids)

.

"Jean, c'mere."

You glanced over at your girlfriend who was diligently going through a mountain of papers. Poor Jean was so overworked from these past few days all thanks to the series of abyss mages that had decided to take refuge near Mondstadt, causing mass panic and destruction.

She sighed, shaking her head at you. "Not now (y/n)... After I finish this." You groaned, that will take another four hours.

"Jean you need to rest, overworking yourself isn't going to get you anywhere." She raised an eyebrow at you. "But Mondstadt needs me to finish this."

You sighed, walking over to her side. you wrap your arms around her lower torso which causes her to shriek. A laughter escaped your lips as you gently pressed a few kisses against her neck. "Mondstadt can wait, my girlfriend needs to rest. How are you supposed to protect this city if you're this tired?"

Jean gently placed her hand over yours, leaning back into her chair. You caught a whiff of her dandelion and sweet flower perfume, a smile lacing your lips as you leaned over the chair and pressed another kiss against her neck.

"(y/n) not here please," you chuckled, smirking at her. "Oh? Do you prefer somewhere more private?" Jean flushed at your words. "T-That's not what I mean— This is my workplace and I want to keep things professional."

You laughed, "you're too cute Jean." She blushed, avoiding your eyes. "(y-y/n) please..."

You smirked, gently kissing her neck. "I can't help it, I'm sorry."

knock knock

The two of you froze immediately upon hearing the knocking at the door. Jean scrambled to fix her clothes and you casually pulled away and back to your seat with a book in hand before Jean called for the person to come in.

"(y/n), you should learn to make things

less obvious."

You snorted in response, "that's rich coming from you, Kaeya." The Cryo user smirked as he entered the room with some books in hand. "I can hear the two of you from down the hall."

Poor Jean was beyond red at this moment, she covered her face in shame. You, however, chuckled at this, "Kaeya, quit making the acting grandmaster all flustered, that's my job."

He shot you a grin and handed the books to you before seeing himself out of the office. You quickly set the books aside and rushed to Jean's side as she tried to compose herself.

Everyone in Mondstadt knew of the relationship. All thanks to Kaeya but it didn't bother you all that much. Jean though, she was a completely different story.

"Please don't tell me the other knights heard us..." She mumbled, praying to Barbatos. You waltzed over and gently slung an arm around her neck. "Darling, it's fine." You reassured her, gently kissing her temple. "Kaeya was just messing with us."

Jean peaked at you, "a-are you sure...?" You grinned, nodding. "That bastard was being a jackass, it's fine."

She leaned into your touch, laying her head on your arm for support. "I hope so..." You chuckled and gently pulled her in for a hug.

"How about you go take a break and I'll finish up this pile of papers for you?"

Jean's eyes widened. "You don't have to— it's my duty as—"

"Hush— now go over to the couch and rest for a bit. I'll finish these up." You ushered her quiet and helped her over to the couch in her office space.

She laid down, resting her head on the pillows. Jean whispered a quiet 'thank you' before drifting off to rest for a bit. You smiled at her and quickly worked to finish the dozens of paper left to ease her workload.