xiao ❧ qingxin flowers

"remember me... okay?"

xiao x reader angst ❧ around the time xiao had just become an adeptus and ends up meeting you after crashing through your roof

xiao x reader
angst around the time xiao had just become an adeptus and ends up meeting you after crashing through your roof

.

Alatus has fought in countless bloody wars. His hands were stained crimson with the lives he had taken. His curse was liberated by Rex Lapis, giving him a new identity and name. Xiao, was the name chosen by his master, one that resonated with him.

He has fought for hundreds of years, protecting the land from the remnants of evil that remained. Fighting to ensure the safety of the land he has grown to slowly love.

One human showed him this 'love', one that aided him during a very unexpected moment of vulnerability.

Xiao came crashing into this human's home after having lost to one of the many demon generals sent to fight against him. He was bruised and beaten, tired from fighting for such a long time.

You found him unconscious on the floors of your now ruined home but treated his wounds nonetheless.

He awoke to the rays of the sun hitting his brilliant golden eyes. He sat up immediately before hearing your pleads to lay back down.

"Your wounds aren't fully healed, lay down!" You scolded, gently ushering him to rest but Xiao refused and sat up. He felt a sharp pain in his chest as he did which was evident by the expression on his face.

"Just lay down for a bit, will you? I just patched you up!" Xiao glared at you as you attempted to approach him. His brows furrowed as he examined your features— he sensed no hostility from you.

"Why should I listen to you?" He growled, hissing at you angrily. You rolled your eyes at him as you scooted over to look at the wound before turning around to grab the brilliant white flower inside the jade vase on the windowsill. You plucked the petals and placed it into a mortar and pestle.

Using the pestle, you gently grind the petals into a sticky substance before lathering it onto your hands and gently rubbing it onto his chest.

Xiao hissed at the coolness of the herb ointment, it slightly burned against the cut wounds on his naked chest. You rolled your eyes at him before applying the rest onto the back of his body.

"What did you put on me?" He looked at the green ointment, staring at it with great intrigue.

"Qingxin flowers. The flowers are usually used as a digestive but alone, it's a good ointment for cuts."

The smell of sweet nectar reached his nose as he inhaled the smell of the flowers. Xiao's eyes fluttered closed as he took a long inhale before opening his eyes once more to meet yours.

"You... have my thanks, human." You rolled your eyes at him before collecting your things and setting them aside.

"That's all?" He raised an eyebrow at you.