k. alberich ❧ cold touches

"even if im the enemy, will you still love me?"

kaeya alberich x readerangst ❧ kaeya is the only son of khaenri'ah's king and was sent to mondstadt in hopes of fixing their broken kingdom

angst kaeya is the only son of khaenri'ah's king and was sent to mondstadt in hopes of fixing their broken kingdom

.

"This is your chance. You are our last hope."

His father's voice lingered in the back of Kaeya's mind much like the buzzing sensation he feels when drinking Mondstadt's famous wine. He will never forget the look of hatred and hope in his father's eyes as he squeezed his son's shoulder.

Khaenri'ah, the land where the god's gaze does not fall. Kaeya's distant homeland which was in shambles. The kingdom has fallen and the people deserted and abandoned. He was their last hope, their savior. His father, the king, used him as their pawn to infiltrate Mondstadt in hopes of somehow repairing their country.

But where did his loyalty lie? In his royal heritage of the broken kingdom he hailed from or the City of Freedom where people loved and adored him?

He didn't know. Kaeya, as confident as he may seem, was internally conflicted. He felt his heart was being pulled at two ends and neither side was winning.

"Kaeya...?"

A third string pulled at his heart. He raised his head to see you grasping his hand in yours. The Mondstadt nightlife echoed from outside of the small apartment that the two of you shared.

Your hair was sprawled out, messy much like his undone hair. He chuckled lightly, pulling you in for a hug. "Sorry... Did I worry you?"

You nodded, curling into his warmth. Despite him having a Cryo vision, his body was surprisingly warm.

"What's on your mind...?" You asked quietly, looking at the blue-haired captain. He gave you a small smile, uttering how 'it's nothing' and told you to go back to sleep.

"It's not nothing if it's keeping you up. What's wrong, Kaeya?"

He sighed. You're incredibly stubborn and definitely weren't going to let this slide. If anything, you were going to pester him until morning.

"I..." He paused, before pursing his lips together and another sigh escaped his lips. "(y/n), have you ever considered how free birds are...?"

You raised an eyebrow at him. "Hmm, not really." Kaeya looked away, "they're chained to the sky. The wings of freedom they carry come with a price as all things do."

He turned to face the ceiling of the small apartment bedroom. You scooted closer to continue holding onto him.

"To be free... comes with a price," he muttered quietly. His eyes glanced to the bedside table where his Vision laid. "Visions are known as the 'eyes of the gods', yes? In a sense, we are bound to them."

You pushed yourself up with your elbow before closing the space between you and Kaeya. "What about it...?" You felt him freeze beside you.

"I... have been given a task. One I have yet to fulfill but it requires a great price." Kaeya said reluctantly, his eyes never leaving the Vision that laid there. The blue hue that radiated illuminated a bit of the dark room.

He turned to you slowly, his hands slowly reaching to touch your face gently. His thumb gently caressed your cheek.

"Kaeya, whatever it is. I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out." You reassured him, leaning into his touch.

"But what if I don't figure it out...? Then what happens...?" He choked a bit, feeling incredibly frustrated. You noticed his change in tone and immediately reached out to touch his face. You pressed a few kisses onto his forehead.

His sapphire eyes glanced up at you, a glassy gleam on them. You bit your lips before gently reaching your hand up to wipe the tears at the corner of his eyes.

"Kaeya... Although I don't know what's going on, I want you to know that I will always stand by you..." You muttered softly, leaning in to touch his forehead to yours.

"Even if i'm the enemy... Would you still love me?"

You smiled at him and nodded, "Kaeya, I will always love you. No matter what..."

Kaeya Alberich's loyalty may lie undetermined between the two nations but what is certain is that his heart lies with you.