𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙛𝙤𝙮 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙧

Have you ever worn a corset before? You haven't? Good. It's incredibly uncomfortable. But mother insists that I wear it for special occasions. Says it helps give me a figure. But all I think it does is help push my non-existent boobs up.

You're probably wondering who I am. Well, it's simple. I'm y/n diore. I am the youngest child of charles and antoinette diore. My brother, xavier, is older than me by two years. He was sorted into slytherin, just like the rest of my family. He's the favorite child, the same at school. Everyone loves him so much, you can find him with his lips attached to someone different every month. But I... I was sorted into gryffindor. I'm the black sheep of the family. You can imagine how it went when I got home. Do I know about my mother and fathers background, yes, I do. They were both death eaters, but turned when you-know-who was defeated by my best friend, harry potter. But I am now about to start my third year at hogwarts, and you can already imagine how this year is going. sirius black, a mass murderer has escaped from azkaban, a heavily guarded prison. Anyway, let's get on with the show, shall we?

I clipped on the jeweled necklace around my neck, and exclaimed myself in the mirror. I'm not sure why I'm wearing a white dress this year, it's always been black. It was the annual party my family put together with the malfoy's. I like narcissa, she's even more of a mother to me than my own mother. Now, draco and lucius, I can't stand either of them. draco always treat me and my friends awful, so I try to avoid him at all costs when I'm not at school.

A knock sounded on my door. Well, I should say the spare bedroom at the malfoy's. The party changes to here at the malfoy manor, or at the Castle. The Castle is my home. It has been in my family forever.

"Come in."

I stood up from my seat, just as the door opened. Draco stepped through, wearing a white and ivory colored suit. Since I avoid him out of school, this is the first time I've seen him. He's much more grown up. His baby face was gone, now replaced by a young man. His blond hair wasn't slicked back like it normally was, but falling down his face. He was very handsome, and I hate myself for thinking it.

"Oh, it's you."

"Wow, no need to sound exited, diore." He sneered. "I was only told to come and fetch you."

"Oh, how nice of you to offer, malfoy. Who's making you?"

"Our mothers."

I rolled my eyes. Of course. "Right. Let me just put my shoes on." I walked over, and tried to grab my shoes from the corner they were in. "Stupid corset."

"Go sit down, let me help."

He picked my shoes up for me. I sat in the vanity chair I was just sit in, and raised my dress up to show off my feet. His hands gently caressed my skin, and slipped my shoes on. Why is he being so nice? This isn't like him at all.

"There. You're ready to go," he stood up, and held out his hand.

I eyed him wearily. "Your hair isn't fixed. Are you really going to go downstairs like that?"

"Sure am. Let's go."

I looped my arm through his, and allowed him to lead me through the halls. Something is happening today. I have a feeling about it.

"What's going on?"

"What do you mean, Diore?" He sighed.

"You're being nice to me. You're never nice to me. What's going on?"

"You'll soon find out. But just so you know, I didn't have a say in this either."

We stopped at the top of the stairs. The guests can be heard talking amongst each other. My mother stood at the bottom of the stairs. No doubt waiting for us. He took one look, and walked off towards where ever.

"Are we just supposed to wait here, or...?"

He glared at me from the side of his eyes. "Just wait for it. God, you're impatient."

"Only because I want to get away from you as fast as I can."

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please!" Lucius malfoy's voice rang out.

The chatter, and music stopped.

"May i present to you, Draco malfoy and y/n Diore."

I slowly walked down the stairs, a smile on my face. 'Confidence is everything' I heard my mothers voice say in my head. The room was crowded as usual, but I noticed something odd. While draco and I were wearing off-white, everyone else was wearing black. I removed my arm from draco's hold, and went over to stand with my family.

"Hold your head higher." My mother hissed in my ear. "This is going in the Daily prophet. Remember what I said about posture?"

I obeyed my mothers orders, and rolled my shoulders back even more.

"Welcome, everyone to our annual party." Lucius started. "Before we begin, Charles and I would like to make a quick announcement."

My father joined his friends side. I looked over to draco, and saw he was looking at me out of the corner of his eyes.

"Lucius and I have talked about it, and we both agreed that this decision was the best."

"Starting tonight, our children, Draco and y/n, will be betrothed to one another."

All the air completely left my body, and every single noise disappeared. So this is what's going on. I should have known. I never have a say in my life.

"Y/n? Y/n." Xavier shook my shoulder to get my attention.

I snapped out of my thoughts, and saw my father holding his hand out, his eyes sending daggers my direction. How long was I zoned out? I stepped forward, taking fathers hand. He pulled me along, and placed my hand into draco's before leaving us alone. Applause and camera flashes erupted around us. I turned in their direction, smiling, while draco wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Was this what you were talking about?" I asked through my smile.

"It was. I heard our fathers talking about it in my fathers study. Again, not my idea."

"Maybe you should have at least given me a heads up. That way I wasn't so surprised."

"I thought about it, but figured it would be better to see your true reaction."

I turned my forced smile towards him, and my green eyes met his grey ones. "I absolutely hate you for that."

"You and me both."

I really hope you guys (if anyone is reading it) liked this.
It's my first story, so I'm sorry if it's crap, but yeah❤️