Corinne's Truth

Chapter 56-

Hope POV~

The next day I woke up around 11 in the afternoon.

I missed breakfast and lunch which I'm very angry at. But On the bright side Dean made me and him a peanut butter sandwich, because he had woke up around that time as well. He also made us some nice apple juice which was amazing. Apple juice from scratch is everything.

After my evening breakfast I made my way to the library to see if it has the book fallen. I love that series watched the movie a year ago and couldn't stop watching it. Just about a month ago I found out they had books to it.

When I got to the library I look everywhere but still didn't find it. The door of the library opened, standing by the door is someone who I had never thought would even be standing here alive after what she did.

"Can we please talk Hope?" her eyes looked like they were on the verge of crying.

I hadn't imagine my day to start like this. I hate this already.

Nodding my head, I walk over to the table taking a seat on one of the chairs not far from her.

She sat down and stared at the wall for a second, before shifting her attention to her shaking hands. The air between us felt suffocating and awkward at the same time.

I felt the need to make a run for the door. But instead I sat down, took a deep breath and waited until she was ready to speak.

Its not like I have anything to do.

"I-I'm so sorry Hope" she cried tears falling down her cheeks.

I tried to say something but the words couldn't come out.

"I-I did everything in order to keep my daughter safe" she cried again. This time it was my turn to shed some tears.

I wanted you to keep me safe too.

"I-I neglected you, because I was told so and plus the guilt of your mothers death was eating me alive. You have to understand Hope I only did it to protect my daughter and protect you in the process" I understand that Amiya is her daughter, but at the same time I also wanted her protect and love me.

Is that being selfish?

Tears started to fall down from my eyes.

"D-Did you ever care about me?" I asked my words carrying so many pain with it.

I looked her straight in the eye waiting for and answer.

"Yes I cared about you like a daughter especially after you were born I was there for you" was she?

"Yeah, but you weren't there for me when I needed yo-"

"Hop-"

"D-Don't interrupt me!" I yell blinking back tears.

"Where were you when I needed a shoulder to cry on or when I needed real advice" I was a child desperate for her 'mothers' love. But instead I got horrible advice, bad attitude and worst of all the silence treatment.

Then again I have to thank her. She isn't my real mom, which makes it even more better because I can stop beating my self up about all this.

"H-Hope I'm sor-"

"Save it. I get that you did this for your husband and daughter, but still you could have at least tried to act like you did cared after my tenth birthday" I quickly got out of the chair tears still running down my eyes.