Part 1: My humble beginning

My name, is Hisashi Midoriya

In my world, It is full of wonderful powers called quirks. Some are a gift of genetics while others are bad rolls of the die. They started popping all over the globe giving the estimate of around 89 percent of people developing such powers and the number only increases by the year. Because of these powers we call quirks, the job as "Hero" was born to keep the peace and stop people who we deem villains from running around causing havoc. 

I myself aspire to become one of these heroes and keep my family safe since we are the last in the Midoriya bloodline. There was me, mother and father and my younger brother. What I know of my parents is that my mother is a simple woman who loves to take care of the ones she loved. I do not think I have ever witnessed her in a rage or even upset. Quite a person she was. Her smile was even a constant reminder of the effect heroes had on society. 

My father was a supposed gang leader in a nearby town. He'd always come home with a cigar in his mouth, a suit with the coat over his shoulders and a fedora because I guess that was the fashion for a gang leader. He did not have any characteristics that you probably notice a mile away but for me I can feel his presence without seeing him. His smile also reminded me that you can still smile even if heroes are after you. 

Finally my brother. His name was Hibaki Midoriya. His name resembles mine yes a little bit but appearance was, we couldn't be any more different. He was scrawny, weak and little shy at times. He was not very big on making any friends and did not talk to anyone beside me and our parents. He even shared the same ideas as me to a certain extent. He wore All Might this and All Might that obsessing over his heroic victories and becoming the symbol of peace in Japan. 

That is NOT what I saw. Yes I acknowledged him as a hero but I can not help the feeling that he himself was missing the whole picture. Sure the percentage of crime had gone down from 80 to 6 percent when he took the stage but the abilities of villains went through a certain evolution, becoming more daring, smart and more cunning to get away with crimes. All might have stopped most of them, but this wave of improvement in villains was getting stronger. 

 Me and brother would argue over MY idea on the heroes. He says that heroes are the only thing that keeps villains as bay while also defeating those who attack the public. I say that the heroes are not doing enough to actually save the world. 

This is our brotherly communication. We would always end up arguing about the heroes and what they should mean and what they should be doing. But I honestly couldn't care less about what my brother thought. I don't mean this in a bad way but I really enjoyed talking to him, seeing him become frustrated in changing my mind and then grumbling to himself about how annoying I can be. We were both stubborn. Right till the very END.

My whole family is headed towards the hospital to receive news about what quirks we may have developed. My brother had just turned 4, 2 days ago(a week after mine). We thought we may as well wait till Hibaki turned the same age so we could all go together.

My dad was in the front seat wearing regular clothes. A green large T-Shirt, Baggy black pants and open toed sandals. He actually looks like a laid back dad, and average Joe if I say with his white hair and silver eyes. My mother wore a darker green shirt with a light blue sweater that says best mom, in which I hated that I ever got her that last Christmas. It was insanely embarrassing. But she obviously loved it so I had to let it go. She wore light blue jeans and light blue shoes. Not like these details would matter to you but this was the day my path to becoming a hero would go from a smooth path to a rock terrain.

"Hey mom!" I was very excited to know what my quirk was, " Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet". Did I mention I was also annoying.