101 . A tough half month

Once they returned to the room, Ling Zhanyi placed Su Ziyang on the bed and didn't allow him to move around.

"...I want to bathe.." Su Ziyang said softly.

"Feeling unbearable already? You can't bathe, the doctor doesn't allow it. However, we can use hot water to wipe your body. Hold on, I will get a tub of hot water from the bathroom and wipe you with a towel."

"Okay." Su Ziyang replied with a smile.

Ling Zhanyi kissed his forehead and asked him to stay put before he went to the bathroom.

In the bathroom, Ling Xiaotian had gotten himself a camp chair and was seated beside a huge basin with his sleeves rolled up. Soap bubbles were all around the bathroom as this elderly man hummed a tune while washing the diapers. Evidently, he enjoyed doing this 'job' tremendously.

"Dad..." Ling Zhanyi called out and glanced at the dozen diapers inside. He sighed. "Why are there so many of them?" Ling Xiaotian lifted his hand and wiped his sweat with his sleeves. "There are over twenty more drying on the balcony, after all, we have two babies, there wouldn't be enough if we have any less. Babies also don't have any willpower, they pee in this second and poo in another. I will see if there are any more suitable old clothes and cut them out for backup when I am done washing these."

"...I can purchase more online if there isn't enough." Ling Zhanyi looked at the diapers inside the basin and frowned. "How long more do you have to wash?"

In between their conversation, Zhan Huashan brought another two diapers in– good, there's two more now!

"It's fine, I am willing to wash them." Ling Xiaotian said with a smile. "Why? Do you feel bad for your dad? Alright then, here's an opportunity for you, come and wash a few pieces of them."

"No... I think I will leave it to you!" Ling Zhanyi showed a face of disdain. He certainly didn't want to touch those pee and poop.

"Babies' excrements don't smell, they only consume milk so there's no strange odor. If you don't believe it, smell it..." Ling Xiaotian took a diaper from Zhan Huashan and lifted it towards Ling Zhanyi.

Ling Zhanyi tilted his head to the side and dodged. "Alright, I understand that it doesn't smell. Dad, since you have already started on it, then quickly finish it!"

"This rascal..." Zhan Huashan patted his back. "We should let you experience the hardships of being a parent. When you were young, it was your dad who washed your diapers, now, he is still washing for your sons and hasn't rested yet. If you aren't filial when we are old, see how I will sort you out!"

"How could it be? I will definitely be filial. If you don't believe me... then what about Ziyang?" Ling Zhanyi found a smaller basin and washed it before filling it with hot water.

"Ziyang is a good child, we trust him." Zhan Huashan turned around to go back to take care of her grandsons when she saw Ling Zhanyi filling up the basin. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, I am preparing this to wash Ziyang. He hasn't bathed for half a month."

"He hasn't recovered, he shouldn't touch water." Zhan Huashan suggested.

"It's fine, it's hot water. I will just clean him up a little, otherwise, he will get angry and say that he is growing mold." Ling Zhanyi smiled as he said, "I 've checked with the doctor, he said he will be able to use hot water to clean himself at this point."

"Don't wash his hair, it's better to wait for a whole month before he washes it," Zhan Huashan reminded him, "otherwise, it's easy to get headaches. Mom isn't trying to scare you."