11

Her nails^

I went back to the mansion around midnight. I didn't care what time I went back to the hell hole. I didn't really care anymore.

I opened the door to find it unlocked. I rolled my eyes and went inside. I closed the door quietly and leaned against it. I looked around the room to see nothing out of the ordinary. No silhouettes or anything. I got off the door and headed upstairs to my bedroom.

When I got to my bedroom, I noticed a sleeping figure in my bed. I quietly walked over and saw Adrian. He looked cold so I pulled the blankets up. He snuggled deeper into the pillow.

I went into my closet and changed out of my clothes. I'm now wearing sweatpants with a shirt. I put my hair up into a messy bun and went back in my room.

I knew if I slept tonight, I would get nightmares and I didn't need them right now. I went back downstairs and went to the kitchen to get something to eat.

I went over to the freezer and opened it. I rummaged around until I found my secret stash of ice cream. I got it out and grabbed a spoon. I placed it on the counter and began eating it. I took my phone out and scrolled through social media.

"Why aren't you sitting down for that?" Darius asked.

"Because I don't want to sit down. Anything else?" I ask annoyed.

"Where did you go, Addison?" Dante asked. I turned my phone off and looked at them.

"Places. I got my nails done. I was planning to go to the hair salon but I hate the ones here in the city." I explain.

I looked around the room and only saw Dante, Darius, Marcus and Leo. I didn't say anything about where the twins were because I simply didn't care.

"Can I ask a question?" Leo asked suddenly. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "When does Richard get out again?"

"Next month. Why?" I ask emotionless. He shrugged.

"He's gonna come here, right or no?" Dante asks. I shrug.

"Don't know yet. We don't exactly talk about his plans after he gets out. All he cares about is getting out so he can retire." I explain. They nod.

"We're having dinner with Maxim on Saturday." Darius says. I roll my eyes.

"Why? He's a bitch." I say coldly. Shock covered their faces but I didn't care.

"Why don't you want to have dinner with him?" Leo asked.

"Like I just said, he's a bitch and if we're having dinner with him, then Elijah will be there and that will be so much fun." I say coldly.

"We aren't canceling them, Addison." Dante said.

"Whatever. I could care less." I say emotionless.

"Your birthday is coming up. Are you excited?" Marcus asked happily. I tensed up at the thought of it.

My walls quickly came down but I didn't notice. The people in the kitchen saw but didn't say anything.

"Addison? Are you okay?" Leo asks quietly, bringing me out of my thoughts. I look at him and nod. My walls were slowly going back up and higher this time.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I haven't exactly thought about it, Marcus. It slipped my mind that I was gonna be turning 17 in a few weeks." I say quietly.

"It's in a month, Addison. How can you not be thinking about turning 17?" Darius said.

"Mostly because Richard gets out that day." It's also the day when I'll be taking over his stupid empire. Of course, I don't say that. "Plus, I already have plans that day."