28

I didn't remember any of the police or ambulances coming. All I could remember was Addison bleeding out. My hands were red. My head was starting to hurt.

I didn't even remember calling dad or maybe the nurses did that. I knew I called 9-1-1 but everything after that is a blur.

"Hello Mr.Moretti. How are you doing today?" The nurse asks, coming into my room. I didn't look at her. I was fixated with my hands. My brothers were in the room besides dad and Darius. "Mr.Moretti? Did you hear what I said?"

"How's Addison?" I ask, slowly looking at her. She frowns. "How is she?"

"She got out of surgery a few minutes ago." I don't say anything and look back at my hands that used to have her blood on it. "Does anything hurt?"

"My head." I say, quietly. She nods. She did something but I didn't care. Dad came back in and saw how I was still staring at my hands.

"Adrian?" He says, quietly. I look at him.

"Is she alright?"

"Adrian-"

"No. Is she alright? Is she fine?" I ask, starting to panic. He sighs.

"She's in a coma. They don't know when she will wake up." My eyes widened.

"What? You mean to tell me that Addison is in a coma?" I say, softly. They cast their eyes downward. "She didn't want to leave. She didn't want to get into trouble."

"Adrian, it's not your fault. You know Addison wouldn't want you blaming yourself." Marcus says, quietly.

"What if she-"

"Don't play that game, Adrian. You can't play the 'what if' game. You can't think like that." Leo says, shaking his head. I sigh.

"My head hurts." I say, quietly.

"You may feel better after you fall asleep. We'll be here when you wake up, alright?" Chase says. I nod and slowly lay down.

I soon fall into a deep sleep, hoping that Addison will be awake when I wake up.