14

I got home around 8. I didn't really care. I was still pissed at people and I didn't feel like being near anyone. I haven't turned my phone back on since I left the school grounds. I didn't really care.

When I got inside, I was met with silence. I didn't really care. I went to my bedroom. I wasn't hungry. My appetite wasn't the best today but it was whatever.

My head was starting to hurt but I didn't care. I didn't feel so good either but it was whatever. When I got to my room, I collapsed onto my bed. I pulled my phone out and powered it back on. I set it on the bedside table. I got underneath the covers and let out a sigh. Exhaustion finally taking over my body. I fell asleep in minutes.

Third person

When the family came home, they were met with a quiet household. They knew Addison was home because of the guards.

They quietly went up to her room when they were met with a loud piercing scream. They all took their guns out besides Chris and Adrain considering they don't have any. They all rush to her room to see Addison having a nightmare. They put their guns away quickly.

Dante rushed over and held her shoulders in place while Darius held her legs in place. Marcus was standing over her, telling her to wake up.

She woke up minutes later with a layer of sweat on her forehead. She quickly sat up and backed up until her back hit her head board. She looked around the room trying to figure where she was.

"Addison? It's me, Dante. You had a nightmare." Someone's voice says softly. Tears were clouded in her eyes, making it hard to see.

"That wasn't a nightmare and you know it." Chase said sternly.  Nobody paid attention to him.

"Addison? Are you okay? Do you want a glass of water?" Someone else asked softly. She shook her head.

She didn't want to be here. She had work to do and an empire to run. Her phone rang and she grabbed it. When she saw the number, she silenced it and put it back on her bedside table.

"Who was that?" Adrian asked softly. She didn't answer him. She was still looking outside the window at the stars.

"Can you tell us what your nightmare was?" Marcus asked quietly. She shook her head no.

"Is this the same one you had this morning or different one?" Leo asked.

"It was a different one but by the same setting." She said merely above a whisper.

"Like the ones when you had when you were little?" Adrian asked. She looked at him.

"No." She said lying through her teeth.

They were exactly like the same ones when she was little but she wasn't going to tell him that. She didn't want him to worry about her.

"What caused the nightmare, Addison?" Chris asked. She looked back out the window.

"Nothing really. I'm fine. Can you guys leave now? I have things I need to do." She says emotionless. They watched as she put her walls back up.

"Why did Elijah call? Didn't you talk to him earlier?" Chase asked confused.

"You'll find out soon. I don't feel like talking about it right now." She says sadly.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow, okay?" Dante says quietly. She nods.

"Are you sure you'll be okay if we leave?" Darius asked. She nodded once more.

They looked at each other and had a spoken conversation between their minds. Marcus crawled into bed and laid next to her. She didn't look at him or anything. They all left one by one. Marcus was on his phone when Addison got up. He watched her every move.

She got back into bed with her laptop. She opened it up and powered it on. He watched as she logged into her email accounts. She sensed him staring and looked at him. She didn't say anything and looked back at the computer. He watched her do everything that she needed to do.