51

I was finishing the touches on my outfit when Emily came into the room. I looked at her and fixed my earring.

"Hey baby." I whisper, picking her up. She smiled at me. "Whatcha doing?"

"Princess." She says, smiling. I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm a princess?" She nods. "Well, you're a princess so that makes me the queen." She giggles and nods. "Thank you baby."

"Where are you going mom?" She asks, curious.

"On a date."

"Can I come?" I frown.

"Not this time." She nods. Adrian and Chase came in, making me look at them. They give me a small smile. "Will you behave for uncle A and Chase?"

"Yes mom!" I smile.

"Maybe on my way home, I can get some ice cream. Only if you are good." I whisper, in her ear. She giggles.

"Okay!" She says, kissing my cheek. She wiggles in my arms, making me set her down. She goes over to Chase, grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the bedroom.

"He touches you, I'll kill him."

"I can kill him myself."

"I know-"

"Relax. Xavier is a nice guy and he would never do that."

"I know. Just be careful. Please."

"I will." He kissed the top of my head.

"Call if you need anything. Anything at all." I nod.

"I will. I'll see you later, alright?" He nods.

--

I sat down in front of Xavier.

"Why are we on a date, Xavier?" I ask, after a while of silence.

"I like you, Addison. I can't take the person I like on a date? I mean, this is the third date, is it not?"

"It is but only because I didn't know the other two were dates."

"Sure. If you say so."

"I didn't."

"Okay." He says, frowning. I smiled.

The night was filled with laughs. We got to know each other better. Was the first time I had fun in a while.

"I had a fun time Xavier."

"Well glad to be of service." he says, bowing. I shake my head and laugh.

"We should do this again, Xavier." He looks at me, his face lighting up.

"Is Addison Moretti asking me out on a date?" He asks.

"Maybe." I wink at him and bite my lip. His eyes go to my lips then slowly up to my eyes.

"I'm gonna kiss you."

"Just a peck. I mean, you didn't do it on the other two dates." I say, frowning.

"You didn't ask. Besides, I didn't want to be mean or freak Emily out."

"She's seen people kiss before."

"You and her dad?"

"If he forced me." Xavier frowns. "Don't think much about it. He's dead now."

"Has she seen anybody else kiss?"

"If my brother has their lady friends over then yeah. Then movies or tv shows that I watch."

"You let her watch romance shows or movies?"

"Yeah. What's it to you? I like teaching my daughter about love. She likes love. Wants to be a princess. She likes happily-ever-after type shit."

"Like her mother?"

"I'm a queen, Xavier. You gotta be on my level."

"If you are a queen, I'm a king." I shake my head. A small smile forming on my face.

"If you say so, Garcia." He faked hurt.

"Ouch, you wound me Moretti." We walked out of the restaurant and over to my car.

"I'm sorry." I say, smiling innocently.

"You aren't sorry. Not even close Moretti." He says, leaning in. I didn't do anything.

"You gotta ask or my brothers will kick your ass." He sighs.

"Addison Rose Moretti, can I kiss you?" He whispers into my ear.

"Yeah Xavier whatever-your-middle-name-is Garcia." I say, smiling. He leaned in and connected our lips. He leaned back.

"How was that? Better than your first boyfriend?"

"Didn't have a first boyfriend. You are actually the first person to take me out on a date." I admit.

"I'm the first guy?" he asks, confused. I nod. "I'll admit you are the first person I took out. I never had a girlfriend either. Had hookups and lost my virginity but that was because I was drunk. I do kinda regret that."

"I won't hold it against you." I whisper. I leaned in and connected our lips again. I pulled back and smiled at him.

I didn't realize Adriana was behind me until she tazed me. Someone was behind Xavier too, tasing him. We fell to the ground. I reached under my car and pressed a button, alerting the family.