34

This chapter is dedicated to @pansiesandpeonies thank you so much for the cover!

I picked at my food. Everybody did. It had been a few hours since everything came out. It's been weird between all of us. Maxim and Elijah left an hour ago considering I asked them too. I didn't need them. I was fine.

"C-Can we ask some questions, Adds?" Chase asks, making me look at him.

"Sure." I say, trying to give him a small smile. He gulped and averted his eyes.

"Did h-he beat y-you?" Adrian asks, stuttering out. Everybody tensed up but I knew they wanted the answer to the question.

"When I was pregnant the second time, no. I mean he didn't lay his hands on me but he did say things but I didn't really care."

"What about when you weren't?" Marcus asks, softly. I averted my eyes.

"Yeah. It's how I miscarried the first one. I, uh, we didn't know I was pregnant until the aftermath. It's fine." I say, shrugging. I knew I made them mad about what I said but I didn't care.

My phone buzzes, making me take it out. I looked at it and clenched my jaw. Another text came in. I look at them.

"Wanna go to a casino?" I ask, curious. They looked at me confused.

"You have people after you and you want to go to a goddamn casino?" Darius gritted out.

"Fine. Don't go. I'll leave in an hour." I stood up and took a drink of my water. "Besides, I'll be fine. Have bodyguards for that."

"And where-"

"Out of the country. Don't start. Now, I'm gonna go get ready."

I left the dining room and walked up the stairs, with a smirk on my face. I knew they were gonna go.

--

I walk down the stairs feeling like a badass. I saw mostly everybody besides Chris, Leo and Marcus by the door. I guess they are staying home. They had suits on. They looked at me when they heard my heels clicking on the floor.

"You look like a goddess." Adrian says, smiling at me. I smile at him.

"Thought you didn't want to go?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"We didn't say that." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. Ready?" They look at each other then back at me. "I'll take that as a yes."

We walk out the door and get into an SUV. I was in the middle of Adrian and Chase. A car was behind us and in front of us. Bodyguards.

I take my phone out and start typing a message out to my bodyguards. Two more cars got in front of us and behind us.

"Bodyguards?" I ask, curious. Darius looked at me.

"Hmm?" I sigh.

"Do you need bodyguards or no? Considering you're not a target, I'll say you really don't need them but I will need to know."

"We have bodyguards." I nod and look back at my phone.

"Are the four cars yours?" Dante asks, confused.

"Yep. Two of them are guards while the other two are people who have guns. Those are in the very front and very back." I say, smiling. They looked at me. I probably looked like a maniac.

We drove the rest of the way in silence. I didn't care considering I was texting one of my buddies.

We pulled into the casino and got out. I pulled them over to the side so I could go over ground rules.