60

**A year later**

"Let me down, Xavier." I squeal. 

The next thing I knew I was under water. I swam back up to the surface, glaring at the person who threw me in the pool. He was too busy laughing to not see me get out of the water. I pushed him in, making me start to laugh. Xavier swam back up to the surface.

"You got me wet." he whines.

"Says the person who threw me in first." I say, crossing my arms. He smiles at me. He gets out of the pool, coming over to me. I raised my eyebrows. "Are you throwing me back in or?"

"No. I would never do such a thing." I rolled my eyes. His hands wrap around my waist, pulling me into him.

"I have to get ready, Xavier." 

"Why do we have to have a wedding? You're already Addison Garcia." He whispers. 

"Maybe because nobody knows we got hitched? People still think we're engaged." He sighs, heavily. "Besides, my dad has to walk me down the aisle. I am his only daughter." 

He groans, "But I just want to stay in bed."

"You are such a baby." 

"Speaking of babies-"

"No. We are not having this discussion again. I am not naming the kid after some star wars thing."

"Why not? I can say 'Luke, I am your father'." I stared at him, before shaking my head.

"No. Find another name." He sighs, with a pout on his lips. "You know, for being a mafia leader you sure are a baby."

"Only for you." He whispers, leaning in close. I moved my head so his lips connected with my cheek. He immediately pulled back. "Um, let's try that again, shall we?"

"Stop it." He gasps.

"What have you done with Addison?" He says, dramatically. 

"Fine. One kiss." His eyes light up. We were about to connect our lips when someone clears their throat. We both looked at the person, seeing Vanessa.

"Xavier, you know better about seeing the bride before the wedding." She says, sternly. 

"Why are you two wet?" Dad asks, coming up behind her. We smiled sheepishly at them.

"We may or may not have fallen into the pool." Xavier says, shrugging like it's no big deal. 

"Xavier, you know better about throwing Addison into the pool." Matteo says, coming up to the other adults. I started laughing, making him frown. "She could have drowned."

"She's fine. She pushed me in." He says, with a deep frown. They rolled their eyes.

"Addison, you have to go get ready." 

"Yes, yes I know." I whispered. 

"Hold on, I want a kiss first." I rolled my eyes, turning so I could face him. I pecked his lips, making him smile like a dumbass. 

"Now, I have to get ready. I'll see you later, future husband." He started laughing but covered it up with a cough. 

"What's so funny about that?" Vanessa says, furrowing her eyebrows. Panic settled onto his face. 

"It's an inside joke about this show we watched. You'd have to watch it to understand it." She nods. I walked away with Vanessa while Xavier stayed behind with Matteo and dad. 

--

"Mommy?" Emily says, coming into the room. I looked over at her, raising an eyebrow. She sat in the chair next to me, a small frown on her face. I turned so my entire body was facing her.