49

I walked into the mansion, scared.

"DAD?" I yell.

"In here." he yells from the kitchen. I walked towards it and saw he was having coffee. He looked at me. "How do you feel?"

"Fine."

"Your brothers are with Emily. In the garden."

"Can we talk?" I whispered. He looked at me.

"Yeah. Sure. We can go to my office if you want privacy." I nod, gulping.

We walked up the stairs and went to his office. He locked the door so none of the brothers would barge in. I sat down and started playing with my rings. He sat in his chair, staring at me.

"You wanted to talk?" he asks, after a moment of silence. I looked at him.

"How did you know you were in love with mom? I mean, how did you know she was the right person? Before she fell for drugs. Before the alcohol took over. How did you know?" I ask, gulping. He took a deep breath and let it out.

"I was around your age when we met." He starts. "A little bit younger. I was hanging out with my friends while she was with hers. We were at a small cafe."

"No. Not how you met but how you fell in love." I say, interrupting him. He smiles at me.

"I know. But you have to know the backstory for this."

"Oh. Sorry." He nods.

"She was a few tables away from us. Her friends must've told a joke or something, making her laugh. It was a loud laugh, you know? Filled with love. I looked over and saw her. She was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I got her number after that. The next month, we started dating." I nod, slowly. "You asked how I fell in love with her? It's simple. I was always deemed as a player. It shocked everybody when I started dating her. Have you ever felt like home? Like the person is your home?"

"What do you mean?" He had a loving look to his eyes.

"For example, I had passed one of my tests for science, she was the first person I wanted to tell. She was the person I wanted to tell everything to. From small things to big things. You have a smile every time you think of them. That's love."

"Your gonna kill him, aren't you?" I whispered. He raised an eyebrow.

"Your grandpa never liked me. He didn't like anybody in general. We still got married with him there. He was a stubborn old man but he grew fond of me. We lost that bond when she turned to drugs. He tried killing me once when we first started dating. I was scared for my life." I laugh.

"Grandpa wanted someone to blame so he blamed you." I whispered. "He loved you. He died loving you."

"I know. He sent me a letter after your mother died saying sorry." I looked away from him. "Who do you love, Addison?"

"I-I don't know." I whispered. "I-I don't want to talk about it."

"It's Xavier, isn't it?" He asks, softly. I tensed up and looked at him.

"Don't kill him. He's nice."

"Has he met Emily yet?"

"At the park. But that's it." I whispered. "I'm scared."

"I can't tell you to not follow your heart. That'll just break you in the end. Do what you think is right, Adds. Does he make you happy?"

"He took care of me when I was sick." He tensed up. "He didn't try anything. I promise."

"Good." He slowly relaxed.

"I told him about Emily. He listened. He fixed me soup." He smiled at me.

"I won't say anything to the boys. They'll kill him." He says, winking at me. I let out a laugh.

"What if he doesn't love me back?" I ask.

"That boy is stupid then, Addison. You have my permission to kill him then." I smiled at him. "I'll take the blame."

"I'm gonna go hang out with the boys until dinner. I'm staying for dinner."

"I figured that, Addison. Emily missed you." I stood up and let out a breath.

"I love you."

"Love you more, Adds." I walked out the door and went downstairs.

--

Dante's pov

A knock sounded on my door.

"Come in." I yell. Matteo came in and sat down in the chair that Addison sat in earlier.

"You requested to meet with me, Dante?" I let out a breath.

"I will kill your boy if he breaks Addison's heart." He looked at me confused then started laughing. I furrowed my eyebrows, taken back by this. A few minutes go by and he sobers up.

"Xavier won't break her heart. If he does, then I'll kill him with you." He noticed my confused state. "A few days ago, he came home and went straight to his room. We heard a crashing sound and we went up there. He said he loved her. I didn't believe him at first but he really does love her, Dante."

"She said he took care of her when she was sick."

"Yeah, he did. He had a huge smile on his face when he came home that day. He even had a smile when he got sick." I smiled. "I may have had a second chance at love after Xavier's mom died, but I'm glad. I'm happy."

"What should we do? They won't admit their feelings toward each other. We both know this." Matteo smiled, a huge smile.

"What if we push them towards each other?" I raised an eyebrow. "It has to be a nice day though. We can aim for Saturday. You can send a text to meet Addison at the Botanical gardens and I can send a text to Xavier. When they both show up and they realized we aren't there, boom. They have to go on a date."

"Will they stay though?" I ask, confused.

"Hopefully. Xavier likes flowers."

"Addison does too."

"It's a date then." Matteo says, smirking. I smirk too.

Oo, a date. What do you think will happen on this date? Will they be mad at the dads considering they stood them up?

Okay, quick question. What should be Xavier and Addisons ship name?

Until next time friends.

Share. Comment. Vote.